kind of uncertain of details....

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
devilmaan
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 92912

kind of uncertain of details....

Post by devilmaan »

I am a couple of weeks away from my wait on armor being over.. I am super excited to get my build started. I have been trying to get an understanding of the process and steps i will have to take to get my TK ID number and 501st membership approval.

Do I do that via the great lakes garrison initially and then to the 501st website?
I have read both FAQ on this forum as well as the 501st and some details just seem slightly muddy.

Todd Murray TK92912, TD92912, SL92912
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Re: kind of uncertain of details....

Post by Ripcode »

devilmaan wrote:I am a couple of weeks away from my wait on armor being over.. I am super excited to get my build started. I have been trying to get an understanding of the process and steps i will have to take to get my TK ID number and 501st membership approval.

Do I do that via the great lakes garrison initially and then to the 501st website?
I have read both FAQ on this forum as well as the 501st and some details just seem slightly muddy.
You fill out your application here: http://www.501st.com/databank/Membership:JoinUs

When your armor is complete, you send pics to me for approval.
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1800

Post by Crimson »

What details seem muddy? The instructions at 501st.com seem pretty detailed, but I may be blind to unclear details since I know the process.

If there's something that needs to be corrected or clarified, please let us know.
TKed
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 51505

Post by TKed »

devilmaan wrote:I am a couple of weeks away from my wait on armor being over.. I am super excited to get my build started. I have been trying to get an understanding of the process and steps i will have to take to get my TK ID number and 501st membership approval.

I just went to this process last month. The process is:

Join the 501st, local garrison and detachment u want to use. (this is just as a guest because you haven't become a member yet)

Build and finish armor.

Finish the 501st website application (so they can send it to GML to let him know that you are alive). This is were you get to choose your TK Id. However, it only will be assigned after your pictures have been approved.

Send pictures for review ( this is not a clear cut process because you may have to adjust details in armor or the quality of the pictures) Beware of shadows and Shades!!!!!!!

After Approval by garrison you will get contacted by 501st and local garrison informing you that you are in!

good luck
Ed Torre MW 51505

-ANH Stormtrooper Stunt
-Mandalorian Death Watch
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

tkedt wrote:Send pictures for review ( this is not a clear cut process because you may have to adjust details in armor or the quality of the pictures) Beware of shadows and Shades!!!!!!!
Actually that is pretty clear cut also. Right from the same page link I posted above:

The following tips will help make sure that you get the right photos to the GML on your first try:

-Only submit pictures of yourself alone against a plain background (no convention photos, please).
-We will need photos with your helmet/mask on and off (if applicable).
-You must include full-length views of your costumefrom the front, back and both sides.
-Be sure to take your photos with adequate lighting and at a high-resolution to help us inspect the details.
-Do not wear any non-canon accessories or add ons, including jewellery, glasses, earrings, (unit patches, extra weapons, pauldrons when not part of the canon costume etc...)
-If you include any weapons such as a blaster or lightsaber, please ensure that they conform to the weapons policy.
devilmaan
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by devilmaan »

I believe the steps between the 501st legion site and the great lakes garrison site is what's not clear to me.

I should wait until my armor is completed and contact the GML here?

501st legion site states that I sign up after my armor is completed. Although, read here that I sign up as a guest on 501st before my armor is completed and contact GML(here) with photos to sign up at the 501st legion site.

see my confusion? LOL

Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1800

Post by Crimson »

You may be confusing forum membership and Legion membership. You need a forum account here in order to post messages, but 501st.com doesn't have any "guest" membership levels.

But can you point me to where specifically you're reading conflicting information (as in copy/pasted links) so that I can see if we have any outdated information here? Thanks!
devilmaan
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by devilmaan »

You just completely cleared it up for me crimson! Lol

I feel a little goofy now lol

Sorry about all of this and thank you to everyone for helping me out during my brain lapse lol