Star Wars and the Power of Costume at DIA

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
G-man
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 3824

Star Wars and the Power of Costume at DIA

Post by G-man »

Has anyone heard if the "Star Wars and the Power of Costume" at the DIA is going to be a trooping event?
I went to the one in Cincinnati, it's pretty cool!
I think they trooped it down there.

https://detroit.curbed.com/2018/3/8/170 ... his-spring
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Re: Star Wars and the Power of Costume at DIA

Post by Mr Fett »

They did not troop it in Cincy. Each museum decides by themselves if they wanted costumers there. LFL has nothing to do with it.

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=16358
Deadeye
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 61673

Post by Deadeye »

We have an event now:
viewtopic.php?f=250&t=16491&p=242649#p242649

Who's interested?
311matt1080
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by 311matt1080 »

What happened to the event for the DIA on Thursday, June 7th? I remember signing up for it and it's even on my calendar (that's how I know it was there). Did it get canceled or something? I was planning on going tomorrow night (June 7th) and went to look on here for the post but it seems to have disappeared... Any help?
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

The original thread is linked in the post directly above yours. LFL said no go.
311matt1080
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by 311matt1080 »

So clicking on the link says I'm not authorized to view the information. I was told and pretty sure that LFL has nothing to do with it. Each museum decides for them selves whether or not to have whatever group they want.

Also: they are for some reason closing today (June 7th) at 5pm - and interestingly enough - our event was scheduled from about 6-10pm. Some kind of party? That's what I have on my calendar, so IDK what happened there. What's going on there tonight at 6pm then? I can't find any info oddly enough.
Husky
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 52105

Post by Husky »

311matt1080 wrote:So clicking on the link says I'm not authorized to view the information. I was told and pretty sure that LFL has nothing to do with it. Each museum decides for them selves whether or not to have whatever group they want.

Also: they are for some reason closing today (June 7th) at 5pm - and interestingly enough - our event was scheduled from about 6-10pm. Some kind of party? That's what I have on my calendar, so IDK what happened there. What's going on there tonight at 6pm then? I can't find any info oddly enough.
LFL has everything to do with it as it is their costumes. The DIA needed their approval in order to do a troop. LFL only approved events for the opening night and opening night only.

This is what we were told by the DIA, so the event, as far as the Garrison and Base goes, was cancelled. The original private event is still happening, but without us.
Kevin Johnson