Urgent Costume Help

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
Amykl

Urgent Costume Help

Post by Amykl »

Hello, I am new to this forum but was referred here by a friend. I have an urgent situation and was wondering if anyone out there could assist me with this last-minute request. My 15 year old son is an avid Star Wars fan and unfortunately this January we suddenly and unexpectedly lost his dad. The two of them were working on a Mandalorian costume for the upcoming Motor City Comic Con that is scheduled to be Saturday, this weekend. The college at where my husband worked is an art school and they were working to get this costume ready for my son and time but unfortunately ran into some snags along the way and we were just informed the costume will not be ready by Saturday they need another month to construct the armor. I know this is very last minute and it's a very desperate plea but if anyone has any information on where we could get or borrow a costume for him to go to the comic con after all that he has had to deal with already this is just one more thing he doesn't need to not be happy about and I'm trying as his mom to make this happen for him. Any information or assistance would be gratefully appreciated!
Stellar Corona
Great Lakes Base CO
Great Lakes Base CO

Re: Urgent Costume Help

Post by Stellar Corona »

Hi There. I'm Sabine, one of the officers with the Mandalorian Mercs here in Michigan. We put a quick call out to the the group, but unfortunately it doesn't sound like we have the spare parts and time between us to get him into a set of armor by Saturday, as most of us have work tomorrow or have other prior commitments, and the club prohibits us from loaning costumes. That being said, we would love to help get him into one for motor city next year or maybe even for a con later this year. If you'd like us to help in the future, please shoot an email to tracor@mandalorianmercs.com. We'll be able to refer you to an armor party (next one is June 3rd) where we can help get plates fitted and shaped, or help with soft parts and plate placement.
Sabine Wren S2 - Dual Approved
Sabine Wren Epilogue - Dual Approved
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Torra Doza
Jedi Knight