41st Elite Clone w.i.p.

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Re: 41st Elite Clone w.i.p.

Post by DeafTrooper »

:mad: :bleep: :sonofa: :sonofa: :sonofa: :sonofa:
so ticked off right now. thought i had 1 more week of vacation time left and was going to use it to do a ton of work on my clone. turns out that the hr jerks @ corporate screwed me over and i don't get that final week. was hoping to have the majority of it done for halloween.
:shrug:
CT/ID-7859
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

ok, i know i've already asked about this, but for some reason, i'm feeling a little paranoid. wanted to post some better pics, just to make absolutely sure. do these look about right to you guys?

this is the outside.

and this is the inside.
CT/ID-7859
Rimshot
Legion ID: 8135

Post by Rimshot »

Looks like they should work, just needs to be filled in and evened out here and there.
'Rimshot' :D
327th Clone Done and Aproved!
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

cool, thanks!
CT/ID-7859
Wags
Garrison Armor Consultant
Legion ID: 7195

Post by Wags »

Syntax3rror wrote:Looks like they should work, just needs to be filled in and evened out here and there.
Agreed. Filling, sanding and primer will change the look. You can get a better idea where your at after you do that :thumbs:
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

ok, thanks! for some odd reason, i kept thinking that the top portion was supposed to be flat. then i realized that the shoulder bell would be covering it and it really wouldn't matter.
CT/ID-7859
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

DeafTrooper wrote::mad: :bleep: :sonofa: :sonofa: :sonofa: :sonofa:
so ticked off right now. thought i had 1 more week of vacation time left and was going to use it to do a ton of work on my clone. turns out that the hr jerks @ corporate screwed me over and i don't get that final week. was hoping to have the majority of it done for halloween.
:shrug:
:cheers: :drunk: well, i had the union fight it and won. and to add insult to injury, not only did they have to give me my week vacay, it was discovered that 3 other people also got screwed and didn't know it. so corporate also had to give them an extra week's vacay. :rotflmao: have the next 3 days off, work saturday and then start vacay. going to try and get a lot done. hand guards are done. shoulder bells are half done. have to bondo the forearms and biceps and fix the seams on the chest/back. don't like how the velcro option works for the chest/back, so i may go the magnet route. waiting for my elbow/knee pad inserts to arrive from kev to start those. might take a while due to his accident. also have to start on the legs and do the belt and paint everything. going to wait until after the holidays for the shoes and neck seal. also debating whether to get long blaster now or after holidays.
CT/ID-7859
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

Ok, life has been getting in the way, so I haven't been able to do a whole lot lately. This is a test fitting with the thighs. How do they look to you guys?

CT/ID-7859
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

Well, I've been off on medical for a week and a half with a screwed up back. Got so bored I decided to do some more stuff. I am missing the shins and shoulder bells and I know that the chest section moved down a bit and the forearms and thighs need to be bondo-ed and painted, but does anyone see anything that needs to be changed? I might need to take about an inch off the bottom of the thighs, as they keep hitting the cod and pushing my knees down off my knee caps.

CT/ID-7859
Wags

Post by Wags »

Padding the inside of the "BACK" of the thighs will help pull them tight in the front and keep them closer to your legs. Try that before cutting anymore off. I think the proportions look ok. If you could get a pic with your chest/back pulled up, that would help. Also, spin the forearms to the diamond is kinda off your wrist bone. If that makes sense. :thumbs:
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

Wags wrote:If you could get a pic with your chest/back pulled up, that would help. Also, spin the forearms to the diamond is kinda off your wrist bone. If that makes sense. :thumbs:
Yah, I have to fix the shim on the chest. It was a little too wide and made the one side a bit bigger than the other and the shoulder strap didn't want to stay in which kept making the chest fall down. And as for the forearms, I didn't realize they were in the wrong position until after I posted it. Thanks Wags! :D
CT/ID-7859
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

Ok, padding the thighs didn't help. I'm wondering if I should tighten the knee straps or to work on the shins and see if they help hold up the knee pads.
CT/ID-7859
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

Ok, I know I still have a lot of work to do yet.

Tighten knee straps
Finish the right spoon assembly
Pad the thighs with foam and add strapping
Bondo and paint
Tighten belt and add velcro on back under detonator
Add padding to the forearms.
I ordered the neck seal with bib last week. Should arrive in a few weeks.
Also thinking of gluing the shoulder bells on instead of velcro. Having a hard time keeping them on.
EDIT: Add straps between the cod and ab. Still not sure if I'm going to add suspenders to the ab.
EDIT: It also helps to have the shoulder bells on the correct sides. :oops: :lol:

How does it look to you guys?

In the above pic, how much of the top tab of the butt plate is supposed to be showing? I think I cut too much off the bottom of the back piece. I know once I add the velcro to the belt and move it up a little bit, it should cover some of it up. Also, how do most people do the knee straps? Mine are very loose and the inner/bigger strap keeps popping out.
Last edited by DeafTrooper on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CT/ID-7859
Wags

Post by Wags »

Knee strap problem: Volley ball knee pads. Any sporting goods store. That will keep them stationary and nice and tight.

Shoulder bell problem: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R ... reId=10051

Fit these in the bells, trim, Velcro/glue in place and done. You get your padding with some shape and the strap will hold them on your arm. But your still going to want to connect them to your shoulder straps somehow. This is my wifes armor, so I had to cut a lot of the padding off. They should fit your bells almost perfect.

Pad the back (inside) of your thighs and this will pull the front tight so you wont have any problems with the thighs overlapping the knee plates later. Also will make it easier to walk.

Hope that helps.
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

I have the o.s.c.s. knee and elbow pads but the knee straps are still loose. Going to tighten them and hopefully that will solve the strap problem. They keep falling down and the inner/bigger strap keeps popping out as I walk around. Trying to find the middle ground where they are tight enough where they don't fall off but not so tight that I can't get them on.

I already have pads in the shoulder bells (same ones you linked to) with velcro attached that kev provides. Thinking that gluing them in instead of the velcro will make it easier when suiting up, as they don't seem to want to stay attached. Either glue or switch to industrial velcro. I like having the shoulder straps/bells/biceps all connected together as 1 unit.

And yah, was planning to pad the backs of the thighs. I put socks in them as a temp thing for these pics, but it didn't go so well. LOL

Other than that, how does it look over-all? Do the proportions look correct?

Thanks, Wags! :thumbs:
CT/ID-7859
Wags

Post by Wags »

My shoulders are attached to my biceps. All velcro. I will see if I can find some pix for you.

And yes, proportions look good. Once you get everything tightened up it will look good. Do you have shoe straps?
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

Yah, I've got my shoulders attached with velcro too, as shown in the pics that kev has up. Like I was saying, might just glue them on to the velcro, so they won't keep coming off.

And I have crow62's shoes that I bought from Jaster, so they do have the shoe straps. Jaster weathered the heck out of them, so they are a bit hard to see. In pic 3, you can see the disc barely poking out from the shin/calf.
CT/ID-7859
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

Looking great! :D
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

I wanted to attend the Sterling Heights, Michigan Library event yesterday as a last minute NCS, but realized I had a bunch of other stuff going on at the time of the event. I also had entered a raffle to win a 50 inch plasma tv and had to be present at the store to win. Well, I thought it was just a simple raffle and it turned out to be a big event. As I said in my other post, decided to do an impromptu troop and had a bunch of problems with the suit. After I didn't win the tv, came home with my niece and nephew, fixed some of the problems and played Star Wars with the kids to see how the fixes worked. So far, looking pretty good. Only other problem is that the top tab on the butt section won't stay under the back. Thinking of gluing on an extension to fix that problem. And yes, I know that the gun from "Aliens" isn't cannon but we were just clowning around and having fun. :wink: :lol:

EDIT: Wish the right side of the pics didn't get cut off! :x

CT/ID-7859
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

APPROVED!!!

CT/ID-7859