Selling TK Armor

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
jdseibe

Selling TK Armor

Post by jdseibe »

Hi Everyone,

this is my first post here, and unfortunately... I'm a little depressed that I'm not here under better circumstances. I have had my TK armor for a few years now and wanted to join up with all you great people here, but I've hit some tough times financially and need to get rid of some of the stuff that I don't need, and it looks like after selling one of my motorcycles, and a bunch of my other toys I'm now to the point that I need to get rid of my armor (which was not an easy decision).

I wanted to give you guys here a first chance at grabbing the armor before i put it on ebay or craigslist.

The armor is a vacuumed form set that I bought from a guy online a few years back (I wish i could get you his name or info but I can't find it), the plastics are in good condition, no damage to them. I put them together to fit me a few years back, I'm 6'3" and i was around 200 pounds then. I never got that chance to get it inspected but I feel pretty confident that it would have passed.

I'll get some pics if anyone is interested.

It would come with:

-Complete Armor plastics (great condition, missing a button or two on the stomach section)
-Pair of Boots size 12 or 13 (I don't remember where I got them from but when I got them online they were the kind everyone recommended for accuracy)
-Neck Seal (still very nice, and velcro works very well still)
-ROMFX voice modulator (barely used)
-Mannequin (its an upper body mannequin only, but includes arms)
-gloves (I think they are just black golf gloves)

I really don't want to see it go, but I need to take care of some stuff right now, and this is just sitting and collecting dust.

The attached picture is all I have on this computer at the moment, I'll take better pictures of it ASAP.. let me know if anyone is interested. I'm located in Southeast Michigan.

-Jeremy
(734)344-nine zero eight five (text me if you want)
Attachments
l.jpg
l.jpg (30 KiB) Viewed 11901 times
Terrell78
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1787

Re: Selling TK Armor

Post by Terrell78 »

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see a price on it. Also don't forget to introduce yourself here:
http://www.greatlakesgarrison.com/forum ... m.php?f=76
jdseibe

Post by jdseibe »

oops, sorry I guess I did forget to post the price, to tell you the truth I'm not sure what it would be worth. I was hoping to get like $900 for it.
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1800

Post by Crimson »

That would be the old standard FX armor. The ab buttons are easily replaceable with a package of black snaps from JoAnn's or any other fabric/craft store.

Do you have pics of inside the helmet or how you did your strapping system? While I'm not in the market for another TK (I used to have an FX suit myself), others may find that info handy.
jdseibe

Post by jdseibe »

Crimson wrote:That would be the old standard FX armor. The ab buttons are easily replaceable with a package of black snaps from JoAnn's or any other fabric/craft store.

Do you have pics of inside the helmet or how you did your strapping system? While I'm not in the market for another TK (I used to have an FX suit myself), others may find that info handy.
haha thanks I forgot it was the FX armor!

I don't have any pics at the moment, I will have to get my camera out and take some later tonight or tomorrow. the inside of the helmet is nothing special I just put some foam in there to protect my head and to keep it from moving around. the Helmet doesn't have any strapping system to it, I at one point had a chin strap to keep the helmet on and from moving but it was too hard to keep buckling it and stuff so I took it out.

The strapping system for the suit uses clips, and a lot of them haha.. Ill take pics as soon as I can, I hope this can goto someone who will use it and appreciate it.
TJSLIMTROOPER

Post by TJSLIMTROOPER »

I'm curious if the armor is still up for sale and pics of the helmet would be nice as well.
Darth Katz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 35289

Post by Darth Katz »

Yes, still for sale?
But.... I am 5'7". I would have to do a lot of filing down (6'3" down to 5'7"). Unless someone thinks other wise. And is this approvable?
Vader: So, you have accepted the truth.

Darth Katz
ROTJ Vader: Guest Status
Imperial Crewman
Great Lakes Base Jedi

White Stormtrooper-WIP. Armor arrives on 3-4-19. Almost done!
Mowskwoz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7794

Post by Mowskwoz »

Darth Katz wrote:Yes, still for sale?
But.... I am 5'7". I would have to do a lot of filing down (6'3" down to 5'7"). Unless someone thinks other wise. And is this approvable?
Andrea, this would be too big for you. It's FX style armor. I'm not saying it would be impossible for you to make it work but it would be a lot of work. You would be better off starting from scratch. Just ask "Zachg56" here on the boards. He bought a stormtrooper that was built for someone larger and was never able to get it right.
GLG Commanding Officer - 2012-2018, 2020–
GLG Captain of the Guard - 2019
ANH Stormtrooper - F.I.S.D. Expert Infantryman
GLB X-Wing Pilot - Shadow 77
Snowtrooper Commander - Thunder Snow Assault Squad
R2 Builder
Darth Katz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 35289

Post by Darth Katz »

Mowskwoz wrote:
Darth Katz wrote:Yes, still for sale?
Andrea, this would be too big for you. It's FX style armor. I'm not saying it would be impossible for you to make it work but it would be a lot of work. You would be better off starting from scratch. Just ask "Zachg56" here on the boards. He bought a stormtrooper that was built for someone larger and was never able to get it right.
Thanks for the comfirmation! I was not totally sure about buying something too large for me.
:thumbs:
Vader: So, you have accepted the truth.

Darth Katz
ROTJ Vader: Guest Status
Imperial Crewman
Great Lakes Base Jedi

White Stormtrooper-WIP. Armor arrives on 3-4-19. Almost done!
jdseibe

Post by jdseibe »

sorry, I didn't get any emails or notifications that you guys responded.. the armor IS still available if you'd like it.. I can get pics.. I'm open to any reasonable offer.