Suiting Up.....

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Mayhem75
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 62946

Suiting Up.....

Post by Mayhem75 »

Hello all:

Well my RT-Mod TK build is almost complete. I have very minimal movement of the helmet but am playing with it.

My bigger question to all TKs is..... When out in the field do you help each other suit up? I have only put everything on a couple times now but there is no way I can do it all by myself to save my life.

I am hoping the Troopers helping Trooper motto of the FISD covers suiting up in the field.

Let me know if I need to start practicing, I would hate to be that TK with the butt plate open LOL

Thanks,

Mike

Mike
MAYHEM
Micheal May
TK/TS/TA-62946
n0c00lgamertag
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 9241

Re: Suiting Up.....

Post by n0c00lgamertag »

If you need help with a tricky button or something, someone will gladly help. But with practice, you will be able to get in and out of the Rmor by yourself fairly quickly.

Here is a good video I found on the FISD site when I was done with my build and it helped tremendously...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7uD2V55 ... ata_player
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1800

Post by Crimson »

It's actually very simple if it's set up correctly. Nobody in my experience has need assistance getting into TK or TD.

A general order of putting it on is from floor up, with a few exceptions. After getting into your undersuit:
  1. Thighs
  2. Boots
  3. Shins
  4. Lower torso
  5. Belt
  6. Chest/Back
  7. Shoulders
  8. Upper arms
  9. Forearms
  10. Hand plates
  11. Helmet
Some of us have rigged interesting strapping systems to make it even easier. For example, I put on a regular old belt on my waist over the undersuit, and attach the loops that are velcroed to the thigh pieces. Sort of like a garter system.

The chest/back, shoulders, and upper arm pieces are all attached together so I put them on like a shirt.

My sound system is self-contained in my helmet (which is convenient, but unfortunately not very loud). As such, I actually put my gloves and hand plates on after I put on my helmet.
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Crimson »

And of course, I reply to this thread before looking at your pics, so it seems you've figured it out! ;)
Mayhem75
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Mayhem75 »

Well I can do most of it by myself but a couple spots I need help.
MAYHEM
Micheal May
TK/TS/TA-62946
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Crimson »

You'll figure it out. :) Part of the fun of all of this is the learning process involved in figuring out how to really own your costume. It's always evolving, so even if a lot of the assembly, construction, and use are documented, that doesn't mean that new things still can't be learned.
Mowskwoz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7794

Post by Mowskwoz »

Mayhem75 wrote:Well I can do most of it by myself but a couple spots I need help.
What spots do you need help with?
GLG Commanding Officer - 2012-2018, 2020–
GLG Captain of the Guard - 2019
ANH Stormtrooper - F.I.S.D. Expert Infantryman
GLB X-Wing Pilot - Shadow 77
Snowtrooper Commander - Thunder Snow Assault Squad
R2 Builder
Mayhem75
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Mayhem75 »

Right now I have one snap one the back plate the connects to the kidney plate that I can not reach myself. The elastic on the the bells that go around my arm I need help putting on. Sometimes just need the velcro on the back of the calves adjusted. I definitely need more practice and I sure my strapping method can/could be optimized with help and time. I will be practicing again tonight weathering permiting. Still need to finish the TD but I am sure that will take some help to put on and/or a ton of practice.

Thanks for all the replies and feel free to check out the photos linked to my other post - let me know if anything stands out that I need to fix before I sumbit for approval.
MAYHEM
Micheal May
TK/TS/TA-62946