442nd WIP

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Re: 442nd WIP

Post by Ripcode »

BBC527 wrote:Thanks everyone, I had a great time building it. Now it's time to get out and troop. I'm sure I'll find little tweaks my first time out. I already know I'll need to put some fans in the helmet for those hot days. Plus I'll probably get a voice amp/mic so people can hear me outside the helmet.
Check this out:

http://www.greatlakesgarrison.com/forum ... 16&t=13083
Wags
Garrison Armor Consultant
Garrison Armor Consultant
Legion ID: 7195

Post by Wags »

Nice job man!! Looks sharp!! Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.
BBC527
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 52705

Post by BBC527 »

Ok, now that I have been approved and worn this around a few times it's time to work on getting some fans in the helmet and mic/speaker(voice amp) so people can hear me.

I've picked up a few things from Radio Shack and found a few small computer fans. Now to see if I can get some air movement in my helmet for those hot days.

I'm looking at putting one fan in the back of my helmet to blow forward on my neck. It helps that I but some air vents in the back to help promote air flow

I'm also looking at getting some smaller fan for the front to blow on my face.

Any input from those who have already installed stuff would be great.

Thanks guys
squadleader
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 6641

Post by squadleader »

Not sure what others do but mine are by my forehead blowing down,I had better luck than blowing up.
Vivat Imperium
Long live the Empire
I am from the Empire, I am here to help.

DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Post by DeafTrooper »

I have 2 tiny ones blowing out of the aerators and sometimes i have 1 blowing in through the mouth and into my face.
CT/ID-7859
BBC527
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by BBC527 »

It looks like the small fan I have is still too BIG. I was test fitting it in my helmet to see if it would be in the way when I put it on. My luck, its too big and will not allow my head to squeeze in. Guess I'm going to have to get some smaller fans.
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Post by DeafTrooper »

Here is what I did for mine. I used 2 very tiny ones I got from Radio Shack for the aerators (blowing out) and a large, thin one from some local computer store for the mouth (blowing in). I also added rubber pieces to them so they wouldn't vibrate against the helmet. I also have them on 2 separate switches and each has it's own battery (2 switches, 3 batteries). The big one makes a lot of noise, so I don't use it that much.
CT/ID-7859
BBC527
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by BBC527 »

Well, it was bound to happen. I knew it was only a matter a time, but I had to fix my back shoulder where the straps go in. When I finished my armor I knew the section was a little thin and it finally broke this last weekend at a troop.

What I've decided to do was cut a small piece of 1/4 ABS and make a replacement section.

Now that I have it cut and shaped, time to glue it and see how it works.

BBC527
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by BBC527 »

Well, after several troops now, I've started to have a problem with the spoons on the calves staying in the back. Finally decided to come up with a way to hold them in.

What I've done was take a section of strap and glue it to the spoons. From there I added a piece of Velcro to the stap and the other side inside the calve next to where the spoon slides in. This should keep these in place while I troop.