Which TK to build? ANH or ESB

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
DarthKnight
501st Member
501st Member
Legion ID: 87769

Which TK to build? ANH or ESB

Post by DarthKnight »

Hi all. Ordering a full kit now and I can't decide which version. ANH or ESB are the two options to order. Kit come with a three piece helmet. This good? What are the differences? This will be my first Stormtrooper build. Being a Sith it is hard to change the gears from all black to all white. Thanks Guys, Curt
You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side!
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Re: Which TK to build? ANH or ESB

Post by Mr Fett »

ANH and ESB armor is exactly the same, but they put Snowtrooper handplates on the ESB TK.

The differences are how the holster is mounted on the belt, and the helmet mouth is painted black for ESB and gray for ANH. Also the helmet sticker details are different slightly between movies.....the details I mean, since the ANH helmets didn't have stickers and were hand painted. ESB was stickers. Also slightly different paint job on the ear caps.

If you want to get super technical, ESB had different gloves and handplate mounting style than ANH and there was no little elastic piece holding the rear of the shoulder strap of the armor. It was just free-floated.
DarthKnight
501st Member
501st Member

Post by DarthKnight »

Great info. I have been looking over the CRL's at pics and the helmet is the only difference I can sort of make out. So after the kit, I need undersuit soft parts and boots. Details for the helmet. Can either one be later changed to a Sandy? After it gets some battle scars.
n0c00lgamertag
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 9241

Post by n0c00lgamertag »

The overall kit is the same. Just specify when you order that you want ESB hand plates. If they don't offer them, they cost about $15 on FISD if I remember correctly.
The mouth paint is the big helmet difference on the helmet like mentioned before. ESB specific stickers can be ordered inexpensively too.
The screaming difference in my opinion is the blaster/holster set up. The E-11 is minus the large counter. Also makes the Hyperfirm about $50 less. The holster is worn on the right side instead if the left and is attached with loops instead of a permanant riveted attachment. Good if you have to take it off for any reason.
Unless you are super crafty (I was not), you have to order a lot of things. Just ask for the ESB versions of the above things and you should have no problems...

And to Sandy it up from ESB you have another big overhaul. You have to rip off the plastic shoulder straps, rip off the big ab button plate, change hand plates again (debated), change the sniper knee plate, redo helmet paint and stickers and add the counter to the E-11 among other things. But it can be done
squadleader
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 6641

Post by squadleader »

If you like the look of the sandie, you could go for the HWT. It is a stormtrooper with all the fun sandie stuff.
The pouches,pauldron,and big gun :thumbs: minus the dirt.
Vivat Imperium
Long live the Empire
I am from the Empire, I am here to help.

DarthKnight
501st Member
501st Member

Post by DarthKnight »

Wow. Ok then. What is an HWT? I am ordering from Trooper Gear and one option is the ESB with cheese grater hand plates. I am going to shoot him and email and see if the HWT is and option. I like the sound of the ESB cause of the holster being looped and worn on the right side.
squadleader
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 6641

Post by squadleader »

It is a Heavy Weapons Trooper. Its from Battlefront video game.
Vivat Imperium
Long live the Empire
I am from the Empire, I am here to help.

n0c00lgamertag
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 9241

Post by n0c00lgamertag »

Cheese grater hand plates are Sandies hand plates. You want "clam shell".