Neck seal

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Silverfox
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 4866

Neck seal

Post by Silverfox »

I know TK's need a black one; where do you get one, and do they sell them in white?
Todd Letts
TB/TS 4866
Thunder Snow Assault Squad
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1800

Re: Neck seal

Post by Crimson »

I made my own. Just some plain black fabric, with one piece double the height I wanted it to be and the length equal to the desired circumference around my neck (including extra room so as not to choke a brutha', and overlap with which to actually close it). The second piece is the part that attaches to the bottom and drapes over my shoulders.

For the neck portion, I added some light cotton batting, folded the fabric over, then stitched it closed. I added extra stitching lengthwise (maybe about 6 rows) to make that piping effect. Then I sewed the second piece to the bottom like a flag that hangs down, then velcro for closure.

Instant neckseal.

Now that I think about it, I really didn't even need two separate pieces of fabric. I could have probably just had one piece that was three times the height, and just doubled over the top third to make the neck part itself, leaving the bottom third to be the "apron." Oh, well. Live & learn. It's served me well for about 8 years now, despite going through the laundry numerous times.

So if my know-nothing amateur sewing skills can make one.....
Silverfox
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 4866

Post by Silverfox »

I might be able to pull something off. Thanks Rome!
Todd Letts
TB/TS 4866
Thunder Snow Assault Squad
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

Duck made his own. Have him make you one.