It's official - start saving your pennies!!!!

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7189

It's official - start saving your pennies!!!!

Post by Lumpy »

I've done a TON of thinking and soul searching the past few weeks and months and I've finally come to a decision - I am retiring Chewie after Motor City Comic Con!!!! I do have something else in the works that will be much more "physically friendly", but I'm not giving away any secrets just yet. :wink:

I'm sure this will probably be looked at by some as Lumpy just trying to get more attention on himself, but I assure you that is NOT what's going on here at all. I'm saying this now because I have had a couple people let me know they might be interested in Chewie, so I want them (and anyone else who might be interested and just not expressed it to me) to have the opportunity to start pulling finances together. I will sell this within the local membership for $3000, which is a fair amount less than I will start it at after MCCC when it goes on the main RL boards - and probably a grand less than I've had people tell me it should go for.

I don't know that I need to put a ton of descriptions about this since you've all seen it already!! But it will include everything I have, including the spare feet, extra hair, latch hooking tools, etc. I will even throw in the Stanley tote to lug it around with.

Believe me, I have agonized over this decision for quite some time, but I have finally reached a peace about it.
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Re: It's official - start saving your pennies!!!!

Post by DeafTrooper »

It's sad to see it go, but I know how hard it was on you physically. Good luck on the sale!
Last edited by DeafTrooper on Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CT/ID-7859
Johnny
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 51502

Post by Johnny »

Sorry to lose my partner in crime but someone will be getting a bargain for only $3000. Approved Chewies usually sell for much more.
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

Johnny wrote:Sorry to lose my partner in crime but someone will be getting a bargain for only $3000. Approved Chewies usually sell for much more.
Well, if Rebel Legion is anything like how 501st operates, even if a member sells off one of their old costumes to another member, the current buyer then has to go through the approval process again. There have been times when this happens, that a costume that was approved years ago may now need mods to obtain “current” approval standards. I have no clue about Chewie costume CRLs or Rebel Legion CRLs at all, but just throwing it out there, in case both groups have the same kind of rules.
Andrew Miller

"Boba Fett? I never really pictured you being from Michigan before." ~ George Lucas 5-8-2010
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7189

Post by Lumpy »

Yes, the new owner will need to be re-approved.
GingerSnap

Post by GingerSnap »

:( we will miss Chewie.
tk1440
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 1440

Post by tk1440 »

I will miss seeing you in your Chewie outfit after MCCC but as you said you do have
something in the works so I am interest to see what it is in the near future. :thumbs:

Rich
Brewski
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 11105

Post by Brewski »

:( I wish you all the best with the sale and your new costume in the works. I would for sure be interested in your Chewie when you do sell :thumbs:
"Brewski" TK/TS/TB 11105

ImageImageImage
Mr Green
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)

Post by Mr Green »

Damn. Penny saving has begun!
"Together We Are What We Can't Be Alone" -Dropkick Murphys