The "Salsa" is Done!!! ---> CT-3411

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Wags
Garrison Armor Consultant
Legion ID: 7195

Re: Jackie's Thire Build a.k.a. "Making Salsa"

Post by Wags »

Yea, it was a lot :blink: :blink: But I should owe you a beer for getting me off my arse..... :mrgreen:

Got a little done last night. Started on her shoe straps and glued the chest piece back together. I filled in the small gap with extra thick CA. It sands nice and I wont have to use any bondo.. I hope..

I made the pattern for her straps out of .010 abs and made the first one a weeeeeee bit big. Wife and her dam small feet... So I cut it in the middle and shortened it and reglued it. Im going to attach the vinyl to the abs and go from there. I was going to use gators idea with the magnets, but I think Im going to stay with the velcro.

Tonight I will get the straps done and maybe some weathering on them. I also need to make a new back detail piece cause my big dumb hands cracked the one I took out. Plus, I cut the opening on the back pack a bit bigger to clean up the massive amount of CA I put on it.... I dont know what I was thinking when Harp and I did that.... :blink: But, I have one in the garage I was making for Harp and ended up picking one up from the clone boards so that should be no big deal.

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z9/t ... e%20Build/
dirty tusken
501st Member
501st Member
Legion ID: 9983

Post by dirty tusken »

we can just share a case and call it even. lol.
WORD TO YOUR BANTHA!!!
worlds 1st and only tusken puck.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Ok, between the kids and there 9,987,374 things going on during the week.. sheesh.. I managed to get another night out in the cave. No pix, sorry. BUT, I got her chest plate sanded down and ready to close up on the sides. Threw a quick coat of flat on it to find and pitholes in th glue (which of course i did) and will fill those. Also, Ive been working on Harps new chest/back... since I had to cut his up to fit Jackie... :oops: and that is coming along nicely. Just have to sand and fill the sides and she is ready for paint!! I had hoped to work this weekend but I got stuck with a stupid sinus infection and the doc's got me "All hopped up on Mountian Dewwwwww" umm or steroids, whichever you want to call it. So, I will put up new pix this week. Promise Josh!!! :cheers:
dirty tusken
501st Member
501st Member
Legion ID: 9983

Post by dirty tusken »

haha nice!
WORD TO YOUR BANTHA!!!
worlds 1st and only tusken puck.
Mama_Wags
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 3411

Post by Mama_Wags »

The plan is to get a bunch done tomorrow on both Steve's new chest and my armor. The weather will be decent (not subzero) so I get to visit the man cave and have more pieces fit. I'd love to be done in time for the event on the 21st...that's my goal! Now I just have to get Tony to work with me!! :wink:

Jackie
Hyper
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 4408

Post by Hyper »

I get a lot done all hopped up on MT. DEW :D
Attachments
mtdew (2).gif
mtdew (2).gif (6.34 KiB) Viewed 16654 times
Wags

Post by Wags »

Nice Dew.. nice.. lol.

Well, after about 12 hrs in the Man Cave today, and a lot of sanding, bondoing, painting, sandint, MORE bondoing.. blah blah.. you get the picture... Got a lot accomplished. Got Harps armor ready for the main paint stripe, got his thighs fit and cut, worked on his pauldron.. new paint job, worked on Jackies Chest/back plates today as well. Sanded, painted and filled. She is ready to do the finall fitting on the chest armor. Just before I came in the house, I got the final coat of red on her chest plate. Of course I will have to weather it, but no biggie. This week, sometime... I wll get it fit to her and start moving on the forarms and biceps. I dont have any pix cause she came out to take them and the batteries died.. balls. I will get some finished goods up later!! :thumbs:
Wags

Post by Wags »

Mowskwoz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7794

Post by Mowskwoz »

Looking good Wags! :thumbs:

Don't slow down, the 21st will be here before you know it.

How much is left to do? Just the forearms and biceps?
GLG Commanding Officer - 2012-2018, 2020–
GLG Captain of the Guard - 2019
ANH Stormtrooper - F.I.S.D. Expert Infantryman
GLB X-Wing Pilot - Shadow 77
Snowtrooper Commander - Thunder Snow Assault Squad
R2 Builder
Wags

Post by Wags »

Thanks Mo!!

Yea, biceps, forarms, one shin/calf and handplates attached to her gloves, and add the compad to her forearm. Which should be a job in itself cause I have a flexible silicon one that I havent had the chance to work with before. :blink: Gotta find a glue that wont eat it up like Rob does with my meatballs..... :rotflmao: Oh... and finish her blaster and NOT sell this on. It would make 3 that I did that to.. lol. :mrgreen: Plus I want to add a green light under the compad with a push switch that will light it up. Havent even THOUGHT about that one yet... sheesh.. she is a lot of work...

Oh, and of course, do all the strapping system. Which is no biggie. Just a little sewing to some nylon webing and some ind. velcro and bingo.

I do still want to take a bit off her shoulder bells still. They are still abit big for her little fram.

Yoda is going to come by tomorrow night and give me a hand doing some work. I made a new fancy paint box that works really well. Well its just a modfied cardboard box with some holes cut in the back and some side flaps between it and the fan with vent hole in them to allow for good sucktion so there is not blow back in the garage. It works. I'll take a pic of it tomorrow. Its kinda funny. It took me like 30min to make it.. lol :rotflmao:
TD866
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 0866

Post by TD866 »

Nice work Wags. I love the smell of bondo. :D
DarthFOO
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9807

Post by DarthFOO »

Dat's a very nice, meesa likeee!
"Me Sniper, You Pilot. Understand the difference?" FOO
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

Nice progress Anton! :D
Wags

Post by Wags »

Thanks guys! Ok so I wasent happy with the paint job on the first shin, so I sanded it back down, mostly, and repainted it last night and it looks a lot better. I also got her other shin cut and we are going to fit it tonight and I will glue it up. Also, going to fit up the biceps and forarms tonight. I'll get some pix up later. :thumbs:
Thumper
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 1148

Post by Thumper »

Looking good. :thumbs:
Brooke Merva
TD 1148
Great Lakes Garrison
Wags

Post by Wags »

Ok, new pic. Most of the work this weekend was sanding and trimming and painting so only one pic today. Sorry.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z9/t ... G_4141.jpg
Qui-Gon32
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 3866

Post by Qui-Gon32 »

That looks so cool! I like that green board visible through the circles.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Thanks Paul. Its your idea to keep all the spare parts..... you Jawa... Ive been beating my head in all day trying to figure out what size nyeodimum magnets to use for her spoon effect on her calves. I have it sitting here next to me and still.... dogs.... she is so darn tiny, its going to be some work. I think I can do it with 2 differnet style magnets and be ok. Might have to add some abs for some structure work to hold inner magnets... hmmmm :idea:
Last edited by Wags on Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kal
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 2280

Post by Kal »

Wags wrote:Thanks Paul. Its your idea to keep all the spare parts..... you Jawa... Ive been beating my head in all day trying to figure out what size nyeodimum magnets to use for her spoon effect on her calves. I have it sitting here next to me and still.... balls.... she is so darn tiny, its going to be some work. I think I can do it with 2 differnet style magnets and be ok. Might have to add some abs for some structure work to hold inner magnets... hmmmm :idea:
Pssstt.... I do not think we can say the "B" word any more :wink:
COTF Darth Nihilus-Done
Kal Skirata- DONE -501st Legions 1st ever Approved
Jango Fett - 40%
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7189

Post by Lumpy »

Just keep those nyeodimum magnets away from your TV, computer, and TEETH!!!!!

I ordered some ones to use when I was teaching middle school science that were I think a little larger than the ones people use on their armor (they were about an inch and a half square by about 3/4 of an inch thick). When they arrived there were so many warning stickers on the package that I thought I had ordered plutonium or something!!! :rotflmao:
Some of the things they warned about were:
1) They would PERMENANTLY screw up your TV screen
2) They would quickly erase the hard drive on your computer and my personal favorite
3) They could pull the metal fillings out of your teeth :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

I did amaze the students because I got the magnet to attract a dollar bill (magnetic ink to prevent counterfitting). I also dented the metal door in my classroom with them. Fun times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I've waxed nostalgic long enough :lol: :lol: