Christmas came a day early at my house

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Mowskwoz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7794

Christmas came a day early at my house

Post by Mowskwoz »

I came home from work today to find that Christmas had arrived a day early. Sitting in the living room, under the tree, was a brown box from the UK. Inside was my Christmas present to myself. My TM ANH Stunt Helmet!

I should be ordering the rest of my armor late next month. Until then, I will be modding the interior of my helmet. Wish me luck.

Merry Christmas Everyone! ~Eric
Attachments
TM Bucket.JPG
TM Bucket.JPG (32.87 KiB) Viewed 6900 times
GLG Commanding Officer - 2012-2018, 2020–
GLG Captain of the Guard - 2019
ANH Stormtrooper - F.I.S.D. Expert Infantryman
GLB X-Wing Pilot - Shadow 77
Snowtrooper Commander - Thunder Snow Assault Squad
R2 Builder
Wags
Garrison Armor Consultant
Garrison Armor Consultant
Legion ID: 7195

Re: Christmas came a day early at my house

Post by Wags »

Ahhhhh, I love giving Xmas gifts to my self... uhhhh.. I mean to other people.. yea... :lol: Thats awesome! Now, you will try it on at least... umm... 123,542,658,495,124,256 times before you get your armor. And thats not even the fitting number.... :lol: :lol: Congrats though. Its will be fun. :cheers:
Terrell78
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1787

Post by Terrell78 »

Very nice. TM armor is really top notch, and is so durable it may be bullet proof (literally). I'll have to come visit it some time, and it'll be nice to meet you too. :lol:
Mowskwoz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7794

Post by Mowskwoz »

Thanks Terrell. It would be nice to meet you too. I would love to pick your brain in person. You have a lot of Stormtrooper knowledge that I would love to tap into.
I know you warned me on a few occassions that the TM armor was going to be more expensive. Your comments prompted me into looking at other alternatives. I had almost settled on RT Mod but was unsure if I would end up having to trim too much to get it looking right. I also had issue with the ear caps on the helmet being smooth instead of having the bumps. I then went back to TM and compared prices. The exchange rate is much better than it has been in a long time. The dollar is getting stronger compared to the pound almost every week. In the end I am spending a little more than I would on RT but in the long run I think I'll be happier.

I hope I'll be able to have my armor before Wag's party but if not I have a lot of tweaking I can do to the helmet.

Wags - You're right. I think I'm well on my way to reaching that number. I'm just waiting on my padding to arrive so I can start fitting it to my head. ~ Eric
GLG Commanding Officer - 2012-2018, 2020–
GLG Captain of the Guard - 2019
ANH Stormtrooper - F.I.S.D. Expert Infantryman
GLB X-Wing Pilot - Shadow 77
Snowtrooper Commander - Thunder Snow Assault Squad
R2 Builder
crow
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1491

Post by crow »

beautiful helmet :thumbs:
--Scott
Terrell78
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1787

Post by Terrell78 »

Your right, the better exchange rate you got the helmet about 30% off what it has been going for the last couple years. Way to have patience and get something way better for a little more. :thumbs: