Shadow Stormtrooper - The Force Unleashed style

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Fivezero
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 5036

Shadow Stormtrooper - The Force Unleashed style

Post by Fivezero »

I don't think I ever posted a thread of this build, so here you go guys.

First off here's what it looks like:

These are some tests I did with some different lighting systems (LEDs vs. EL wire, LEDs won...)

^This one was taken with the lights on, so this stuff is bright.^

And then today I received some LED strips and promptly put them into my detonator (made with an acrylic pipe). The detonator still isn't finished, I have to diffuse the light and wrap up the strips better (so you can't see them)

I've reused some of the pieces from my old Novatrooper kit for this build, I just need to go out and paint them sometime. Other parts like the helmet and forearms for example, I'm getting some clear armor made to achieve the lighting on those parts (but that's going to take some time, as different plastics are played with). I kind of work on this when I get bored on my other projects, so updates might come slowly.

Fivezero
:D
Ty Graham
TX-5036

Completed:
Elite Novatrooper
Novatrooper Medic
EVO Trooper
Novatrooper Sentinel
Force Unleashed Shadow Stormtrooper
Jumptrooper

In Progress:
Shadow EVO Trooper
tk1440
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 1440

Re: Shadow Stormtrooper - The Force Unleashed style

Post by tk1440 »

I was wondering that some in our group or in the 501st would make the shadow trooper and how
one go about it since I have 2 of the figures from the box sets. Would love to see more up date
and pics of your progress. :thumbs:

Rich.
Terrell78
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1787

Post by Terrell78 »

One of the FISD staff (Mason) has been working on it off and on for a while. Don't know if he has made any progress lately.
Titus3643
501st Member
501st Member
Legion ID: 3643

Post by Titus3643 »

Love the project and looks fun! For the forearms and helmet you may want to look into diffuser film, the same stuff they put in light saber blades to even out the light. That way if you had the forearm pieces already you could just put them over it with the lights in the middle. Just and idea. Im dooing something similar with a suit of mass effect armor.
you cant see it but were smiling under our helmets.
http://www.facebook.com/ztitus
-Biker Scout 100%
-Tusken raider 100% (pending approval)
-gonk droid 100%
-MSE Droid 100%
-Wed Treadwell 70%
-TFU2 Star Killer 30%
sneak0wns

Post by sneak0wns »

Hello there! , Sneak here.

New member to this site and to this forum, This post being my sole actual agenda to join and comment. Hence prior to this post.I've been building components to create my own version of this exact suit . Rather i'm only planning to use the glow effect of this suit on the actual Shadow Stormtrooper suit. Your mock ups of the glow effect are similar to those of what i had in mind only rather i was considering using a clear plastic panel underneath of the effected area's that where was feasible. Secondly i'm happy to see you considered the el wire as well. and the result was less than desired. So i can appreciate you saving me some time and cash. Thank you for that. I'd like to ask if you could provide us with some updates to this build as i wouldn't mind seeing that profile pic up close of yours and get me a idea of where i stand for my build, and maybe a few others. Id like to share some idea's with you of this build sometime. Lastly in closing id like to ask , weither or not you have come up with a rational idea and location to store the source of your lighting and wiring? Again thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon on this beautiful build.

:D :D :D :D
Fivezero
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 5036

Post by Fivezero »

Hey thanks for the message!

I'll send you a PM tomorrow morning with some technical info about the build. I've actually completed the whole trooper and actually got it approved a couple months ago. Here's a pic of the finished lighting.

Anyway I'll send you a message in the morning with a bunch of info to help out. :thumbs:

Fivezero
:)
Ty Graham
TX-5036

Completed:
Elite Novatrooper
Novatrooper Medic
EVO Trooper
Novatrooper Sentinel
Force Unleashed Shadow Stormtrooper
Jumptrooper

In Progress: