Snowtrooper

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
GingerSnap

Re: Snowtrooper

Post by GingerSnap »

Andy what is your suggestion on what armor vendors to buy from?
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

flutefreak05 wrote:Andy what is your suggestion on what armor vendors to buy from?
I'll send you a FB message with them all.
Andrew Miller

"Boba Fett? I never really pictured you being from Michigan before." ~ George Lucas 5-8-2010
Johnny
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 51502

Post by Johnny »

Could you send them to me via Facebook as well? I am getting the snow trooper bug as the snow starts to fall!
GingerSnap

Post by GingerSnap »

Mr Fett wrote:
flutefreak05 wrote:Andy what is your suggestion on what armor vendors to buy from?
I'll send you a FB message with them all.
Once again thank you Andy. :)
Flash
Garrison Advisor
Garrison Advisor
Legion ID: 5156

Post by Flash »

This is becoming the best thread that ever existed.
Mike Lica - 5156
I like Star Wars
Brewski
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 11105

Post by Brewski »

Mr Fett wrote: It is. You literally paid double what any of us have in our Snowtroopers. Speaking frankly, if you went the armor kit route like the rest of us, you could have built 2 full entire Snowtrooper costumes (1 for you as well as 1 for Lauren) for the price RS charged you for just your one. But you didn't check with any of the local Snowys you troop with all the time before jumping in, so "live and learn" as the saying goes. I'm sure it'll be a nice looking costume, no doubt with that. We just could have saved you some money if we did the assembly locally, that's all.
Probably should have clarified better that I have only been in email contact with RS regarding the suit and a purchase has not been made. I contacted MC who surprisingly got back to me with in a few days, but still has a wait list for armor. I emailed the concerns that we have discussed here to Rob and Andrea at RS. Rob replied the other day asking if I would rather have just the kit vs the assembly like I had originally planed. I sent an email this morning asking to be sure what comes with their kit before a complete purchase is made :thumbs: hearing others say it is easy to build and others getting the bug to buy I am leaning more towards a build on my own. RS said they have their kits readily available to ship out within a week or so. All of my current 501st gear is from RS mostly and I trust their work. Their kit will cost a bit more, but I am okay with it :wink: I apologize if my "jumping the gun" on contacting before talking more on the forum offended anyone. I greatly appreciate all of the words of wisdom and pointers thus far.

For a list of some of the armors go to their main forum: http://www.blizzardforce.com/forum/index.php and register on the boards to get access. However, I am not expert on this by any means and I defer to others who have the other armor kits for more information. :D Thanks again everyone and it is cool to see I am not the only one thinking of a Snowy :thumbs:
"Brewski" TK/TS/TB 11105

ImageImageImage
Brewski
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Brewski »

Flash wrote:This is becoming the best thread that ever existed.
When I first posted I did not know it was going to turn into this lol. :mrgreen:
"Brewski" TK/TS/TB 11105

ImageImageImage
GingerSnap

Post by GingerSnap »

Flash wrote:This is becoming the best thread that ever existed.
It is now I really need to get moving on mine. Lol
Flash
Garrison Advisor
Garrison Advisor
Legion ID: 5156

Post by Flash »

Brewski wrote:
Mr Fett wrote: It is. You literally paid double what any of us have in our Snowtroopers. Speaking frankly, if you went the armor kit route like the rest of us, you could have built 2 full entire Snowtrooper costumes (1 for you as well as 1 for Lauren) for the price RS charged you for just your one. But you didn't check with any of the local Snowys you troop with all the time before jumping in, so "live and learn" as the saying goes. I'm sure it'll be a nice looking costume, no doubt with that. We just could have saved you some money if we did the assembly locally, that's all.
Probably should have clarified better that I have only been in email contact with RS regarding the suit and a purchase has not been made. I contacted MC who surprisingly got back to me with in a few days, but still has a wait list for armor. I emailed the concerns that we have discussed here to Rob and Andrea at RS. Rob replied the other day asking if I would rather have just the kit vs the assembly like I had originally planed. I sent an email this morning asking to be sure what comes with their kit before a complete purchase is made :thumbs: hearing others say it is easy to build and others getting the bug to buy I am leaning more towards a build on my own. RS said they have their kits readily available to ship out within a week or so. All of my current 501st gear is from RS mostly and I trust their work. Their kit will cost a bit more, but I am okay with it :wink: I apologize if my "jumping the gun" on contacting before talking more on the forum offended anyone. I greatly appreciate all of the words of wisdom and pointers thus far.

For a list of some of the armors go to their main forum: http://www.blizzardforce.com/forum/index.php and register on the boards to get access. However, I am not expert on this by any means and I defer to others who have the other armor kits for more information. :D Thanks again everyone and it is cool to see I am not the only one thinking of a Snowy :thumbs:
You have no obligation towards anyone. You dont need to inform anyone and nobody should be offended by what you do with your own money.

If you decide to build it yourself mucklucks are often available for 1/2 off at a store many of us have purchased ours. (i just cant remember the website but will try to find it) Also, I dont know much about RS, but Moncal sends you pretty much every screw and rivet to build the armor, and the back pack comes assembled already.
Mike Lica - 5156
I like Star Wars
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop

Post by Mr Fett »

By your post, I thought you already had purchased the full TS costume commission from RS, hence my commentary. :P

MC has about a 1 year waiting list for armor, because he makes a bunch of different types of armor kits......and he just spent most of this year building a full sized Landspeeder prop for himself, so he's behind. I already made a post on the main Legion forum asking if anyone was thinking of selling off their TS stuff, because I knew people around here have been asking lately. Waiting to see if I get any bites. The one I already got I pointed towards Lauren yesterday.

John, PM sent on Facebook.
KrisAntilles
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 50136

Post by KrisAntilles »

Yes, if you need armor, Mr. Fett will find it for you! LOL! That's how I got mine!
TS-50136
Thunder Snow Assault Squad - Blizzard Force
Knights of the Jedi Order
Dun Got Class Costuming Creations
Brewski
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Brewski »

KrisAntilles wrote:Yes, if you need armor, Mr. Fett will find it for you! LOL! That's how I got mine!
Mr Fett wrote:By your post, I thought you already had purchased the full TS costume commission from RS, hence my commentary. :P

MC has about a 1 year waiting list for armor, because he makes a bunch of different types of armor kits......and he just spent most of this year building a full sized Landspeeder prop for himself, so he's behind. I already made a post on the main Legion forum asking if anyone was thinking of selling off their TS stuff, because I knew people around here have been asking lately. Waiting to see if I get any bites. The one I already got I pointed towards Lauren yesterday.

John, PM sent on Facebook.
Not a problem. Rereading my earlier post I can see how it could be seen that way (hence me editing the post lol). I worry with my slender body about buying a snowy used vs a fresh build. As I said earlier still waiting to hear back from RS again. They are usually good about getting back to you with in a day or so. If you know of someone right at 6'0" and a 140 lbs let me know. Even shopping for real clothes can be a problem for me. I can't even tell how long it takes me to find a pair of jeans that won't fall off :lol: Of course maybe I should eat a sandwich or two to help ;)
"Brewski" TK/TS/TB 11105

ImageImageImage
GingerSnap

Post by GingerSnap »

KrisAntilles wrote:Yes, if you need armor, Mr. Fett will find it for you! LOL! That's how I got mine!
He's looking for me and is a big help.
KrisAntilles
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by KrisAntilles »

I worry with my slender body about buying a snowy used vs a fresh build.
Understandable, but don't totally write off the idea of used snowy armor if you find a good deal on one that's in good shape. I'm definitely not an armor expert, but the snowtrooper armor seems to be much more forgiving when it comes to adjusting it to fit someone of a different size than a TK or Clone would be. I had to make adjustments to mine. The guy I got mine from was a lot bigger than me. You could fit almost three of me in the duster that came with it and the shoulder seams were halfway to my elbows. :lol: So I got a different duster and we had to readjust all the straps to size them down. I had to engineer a new way to strap down the chest plate and back pack, because if I strapped it the movie accurate way (strapping the side of the chest plate to the backpack), the whole thing flopped around on me like a bell. :blink: It was pretty funny. But you can't really tell that mine straps on differently unless you look under the backpack. But adjusting it down to fit my smaller size was really easy, and not much more work than it would be to adjust all the strapping if you get a new kit to assemble. So don't completely write off the idea of used snowy armor. :D
TS-50136
KrisAntilles
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by KrisAntilles »

And this won't help Greg, Lauren, or Jonny, but if anyone else in the GLG gets the Snowy bug, I do have the duster and pants that came with my armor that I wouldn't mind selling at some point if they'll work for someone else, because they're too big for me. :D The duster is clean white, so it would work for Snowtrooper or Snow Commander. Just throwing it out there since the snowy bug seems to be going around. lol!
TS-50136
Zark
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 15255

Post by Zark »

Im trying to decide if I want to do a snowy or snow scout. Just gotta save up
Husky
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 52105

Post by Husky »

I quickly became an expert (thanks to Wags) and putting together snowy armor. Plus mine need A LOT of modifications. So if you decide to do the build yourself, don't hesitate to ask for help.
Kevin Johnson

Wags
Garrison Armor Consultant
Garrison Armor Consultant
Legion ID: 7195

Post by Wags »

I am no expert (thanks Kevin) but I have built 3 kits. Two were a bit of work..... :blink:
Mowskwoz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7794

Post by Mowskwoz »

KrisAntilles wrote:And this won't help Greg, Lauren, or Jonny, but if anyone else in the GLG gets the Snowy bug, I do have the duster and pants that came with my armor that I wouldn't mind selling at some point if they'll work for someone else, because they're too big for me. :D The duster is clean white, so it would work for Snowtrooper or Snow Commander. Just throwing it out there since the snowy bug seems to be going around. lol!
Andy told me about your extra gear. I might be going for a Snow Commander if I can source the boots. If I can get the boots, I'll take a look at your duster and pants to see if they will fit. :thumbs:
GLG Commanding Officer - 2012-2018, 2020–
GLG Captain of the Guard - 2019
ANH Stormtrooper - F.I.S.D. Expert Infantryman
GLB X-Wing Pilot - Shadow 77
Snowtrooper Commander - Thunder Snow Assault Squad
R2 Builder
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop

Post by Mr Fett »

Mowskwoz wrote:
KrisAntilles wrote:And this won't help Greg, Lauren, or Jonny, but if anyone else in the GLG gets the Snowy bug, I do have the duster and pants that came with my armor that I wouldn't mind selling at some point if they'll work for someone else, because they're too big for me. :D The duster is clean white, so it would work for Snowtrooper or Snow Commander. Just throwing it out there since the snowy bug seems to be going around. lol!
Andy told me about your extra gear. I might be going for a Snow Commander if I can source the boots. If I can get the boots, I'll take a look at your duster and pants to see if they will fit. :thumbs:
I really think they will fit you. Gotta get that GB backpack finished up so you can get the Snowtrooper Commander going! :thumbs:
Andrew Miller

"Boba Fett? I never really pictured you being from Michigan before." ~ George Lucas 5-8-2010