Re:

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
311matt1080
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Re:

Post by 311matt1080 »

Last edited by 311matt1080 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GingerSnap

Re: Scout Trooper (Boots)

Post by GingerSnap »

Take your time with your build; don't rush to get it done. There are a couple of biker scouts that you could ask.
Silverfox
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 4866

Post by Silverfox »

If you haven't yet, get yourself registered on bikerscout.net. There's always somebody selling boots there
Todd Letts
TB/TS 4866
Thunder Snow Assault Squad
311matt1080
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by 311matt1080 »

*(read the bottom of my post). LOL
311matt1080
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by 311matt1080 »

I know. I'm not rushing. I've been saving for awhile now and planned to get everything for the costume in early 2015. I just didn't want to pay a little over $200 for boots, but I guess if I want a nice pair done properly, I have to get them overseas UK (which has ridiculous shipping prices).

Also just need a vest and since I don't make any of my stuff, I have to get someone to make it for me. I'd say I have 3 months for MCC, which SHOULD be enough time to get everything I need.
stasz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 60609

Post by stasz »

Hi Matt!

I'm building a TB as well, and I had a lot of fun building my boots. It was the first piece I tackled and wasn't bad at all. I only ended up with about $60 into it been base boots, vinyl, Velcro, e6000, and a rivet gun and rivets.

Took about a week and a half working an hour or two here and there when I had time.

The tutorial on bsn was easy to follow. Just fyi, in case you wanted to give it a go yourself. Though some of the guys over there make some snazzy kicks :)
[image redacted by Resistance forces]
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7189

Post by Lumpy »

Those really turned out nice!!!,
stasz
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by stasz »

Lumpy wrote:Those really turned out nice!!!,
Thanks, Lumpy!

I'm just finishing up my flightsuit, and ordered my armor Friday. Hopefully things keep going smoothly :)
311matt1080
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by 311matt1080 »

I just ordered my Boots. Also contacted someone about a Vest. After that, I'M ALL DONE!

As soon as everything arrives (and I try it on and make sure it fits) I will take mu pics and submit them for approval. I am really hoping to get everything done by May (which should be plenty of time) so that I can wear it to MCCC.
stasz
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by stasz »

Awesome, Matt!

Good luck with your approval, man.
May is my target as well at least for Free Comic Book Day if not MCCC.

Hope to dodge some trees with ya soon!
311matt1080
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by 311matt1080 »

I didn't realize that you need thigh patches and a butt-flap. I was under the impression that was for Lancer-Class approved only. I know about the vest, but what has to be done with the thighs now? It never said anything about that before. Kinda irked that I keep finding more and more things I need to do to complete this. I don't like sewing or anything of the sort, I am just not good at it. I'd rather pay someone to do it nicely and properly.

Now I'm stuck, I need my Flight-suit "upgraded" and I still need someone to make a vest.

Any chance you or anyone you know would be interested in helping me out on that? Any other Biker Scouts out there who could help OR anyone who's good at sewing and costume making in general? I could really use the help. Thanks.
311matt1080
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by 311matt1080 »

I ordered my Armor (and pouches and blaster) back on Jan 3rd from KS and I'm still waiting on the arrival of them.

I also ordered boots with Marcel on Pathfinder and he shipped them cpl days ago, should be here soon.
stasz
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by stasz »

Hey Matt, glad things are coming together for ya!

Yeah, the soft parts for the Scout can be a little overwhelming, but it's all there in the CRL on the Legion site. Suede riding patch (thighs), buttflap, thigh bands, modified collar, pocket removal... it sounds like a lot, but it's not too bad.

I did my flight suit myself, and my mom and her trusty Singer gave me a hand with the vest. There's one vendor I know of who does a ready to go suit, but he's taking some heat for lousy turnaround, problematic shipping etc, and he's located overseas.

Where are you? I'd be happy help if I can. If you want, check out my WIP at bikerscout.net. Same Username. I have pictures of all the things you're wondering about.
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

311matt1080 wrote:I didn't realize that you need thigh patches and a butt-flap. I was under the impression that was for Lancer-Class approved only.
All specified in the CRL:

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming ... ut_trooper
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

At some point when trooping, you will likely probably also run across some Biker Scouts that don’t have all the jumpsuit mods and so forth…but they were older members who joined in the years before the Pathfinder guys decided to make their CRL stricter. Joining as a Biker Scout today, you need all the mods that the current CRL shows.
311matt1080
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Re: Scout Trooper VEST & SUEDE

Post by 311matt1080 »

Wow, I must've missed that link earlier. Great link, thanks! That will for sure make it easier. I was so confused on what exactly had to be done.

I can have someone my mom knows do all the sewing I think. I just have to go buy the material I guess. (Jo-Ann's Fabric probably). I just hope I can find the proper material (faux suede & quilted material for the vest).

I live near m-59 and Mound Rd. near the Utica, Shelby Township, Sterling Hts, Rochester Hills area.