Back Pack Mount

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Voss
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 5415

Back Pack Mount

Post by Voss »

So, I've finally gotten around to putting some work into my DW Mando. I'm pretty much down to waiting on the flak vest, a little tailoring and mounting my backpack. So I have a harness designed to use quick clips which you can see below. The shape of the animated mando back plate doesn't allow for much contact between the plate and the back pack. I'm trying to decide if I should reinforce the back plate and attach the clips to the plate and hang the back pack from the plate or if I should cut holes in the back plate and attach the back pack directly to the harness. Any thoughts?

Here's an outline of how the back plate lines up on the back pack.
"You can run, but you'll only die tired. --Boba Fett"
Voss
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 5415

Re: Back Pack Mount

Post by Voss »

Might as well post the eyecandy too

"You can run, but you'll only die tired. --Boba Fett"
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Re: Back Pack Mount

Post by Mr Fett »

For sure the harness goes under your vest. Once it's line up where you want it, cut holes for the jetpack straps through the upper back of the vest, and go around the holes with a surger stitch or something to keep them from tearing at the edges. Holes for those straps through the backplate are how Jango and Boba have their backplates. I know animated is animated, so have to take real world attachments into account.