Motor City Comic Con

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
Talon Ren

Motor City Comic Con

Post by Talon Ren »

Who will be attending Motor City Comic Con next month? I'm in the final stretch to get my Kylo ready in time. Looking forward to meeting some of you. :)
R4ZORBL4DE
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 21926

Re: Motor City Comic Con

Post by R4ZORBL4DE »

Talon Ren wrote:Who will be attending Motor City Comic Con next month? I'm in the final stretch to get my Kylo ready in time. Looking forward to meeting some of you. :)
There will be a good amount of us there ... somewhere around 60-ish of us.

:D
R4ZORBL4DE

TK/TS-21926
501st Legion
Thunder Snow Assault Squad
Talon Ren

Post by Talon Ren »

I'm cutting it close but I should have everything ready. :)
Talon Ren

Post by Talon Ren »

I didn't end up making it last year but I have everything sorted for this year. Who's going?
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

Probably half the garrison will be there.
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Darth Revan and Darth Nihilus will be there! Hope to meet you all!
Talon Ren

Post by Talon Ren »

Sounds cool! This will be my first event and I'm glad it's supposed to be relatively cool on Friday.

I have a question... What does everyone do with their non-kit gear, such as things for wardrobe malfunctions, etc? I'm coming alone and don't really want to carry a bag around all day. I don't want to have to run out to my car if I don't have to. Ya know?
Mowskwoz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7794

Post by Mowskwoz »

Talon Ren wrote:Sounds cool! This will be my first event and I'm glad it's supposed to be relatively cool on Friday.

I have a question... What does everyone do with their non-kit gear, such as things for wardrobe malfunctions, etc? I'm coming alone and don't really want to carry a bag around all day. I don't want to have to run out to my car if I don't have to. Ya know?
There's good news and bad news.

Bad News - Members have a changing area to store their costume and gear. Since you are not currently a member, you will probably need to run back and forth to your vehicle.

Good News - It sounds like you have a complete costume. If it is up to standards, apply for membership with the Legion. If we can get you through the process in the next couple days(no promises), you could end up with approval and access to our area. :thumbs:
GLG Commanding Officer - 2012-2018, 2020–
GLG Captain of the Guard - 2019
ANH Stormtrooper - F.I.S.D. Expert Infantryman
GLB X-Wing Pilot - Shadow 77
Snowtrooper Commander - Thunder Snow Assault Squad
R2 Builder
Talon Ren

Post by Talon Ren »

Mowskwoz wrote:
There's good news and bad news.

Bad News - Members have a changing area to store their costume and gear. Since you are not currently a member, you will probably need to run back and forth to your vehicle.

Good News - It sounds like you have a complete costume. If it is up to standards, apply for membership with the Legion. If we can get you through the process in the next couple days(no promises), you could end up with approval and access to our area. :thumbs:
Who do I contact to start the process? It's been a while since I looked into it.
Talon Ren

Post by Talon Ren »

OK, I did that. :)
ShermiesRule
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 76239

Post by ShermiesRule »

I went to Motor City as an Imperial Officer independent of 501st as I have not submitted my uniform yet. I did go and speak directly to the GML who gave my uniform a once over and said it was good to go. I mixed it up with members of the 501st. People didn't know and it was loads of fun. Can't wait to get my approval.

I literally just sent my application and forwarded my pics to the GML 10 minutes ago.

I also have a OTTK 99% done that I will finish and submit very soon. The TKs get a lot of request for pics. No one wants pics of management!
Alan Tong 76239
Imperial Officer, Staff
Stormtrooper, ANH Stunt
Stormtrooper, Heavy Weapons Trooper
Imperial Navy Trooper
TIE Pilot, Reserve

Like my Facebook- Alan Tk-76239
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison
Legion ID: 48169

Post by Skykat »

ShermiesRule wrote:I went to Motor City as an Imperial Officer independent of 501st as I have not submitted my uniform yet. I did go and speak directly to the GML who gave my uniform a once over and said it was good to go. I mixed it up with members of the 501st. People didn't know and it was loads of fun. Can't wait to get my approval.

I literally just sent my application and forwarded my pics to the GML 10 minutes ago.

I also have a OTTK 99% done that I will finish and submit very soon. The TKs get a lot of request for pics. No one wants pics of management!

While we may not get the most requests for pictures, we can interact more with the kids and we don't scare them as much as the TKs do! We do't make them cry! LOL
fragarock
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 92111

Post by fragarock »

Hi,

Does anyone have photos from the Comicon last weekend? I have a few from Friday that I could post and it would be great to see what went on the other days. Is there a place we would normally post hpotos?
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Post by DeafTrooper »

fragarock wrote:Hi,

Does anyone have photos from the Comicon last weekend? I have a few from Friday that I could post and it would be great to see what went on the other days. Is there a place we would normally post hpotos?
Most people just post the pics on their facebook pages.
CT/ID-7859