Anyone familiar with EVA Foam Armor?

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
ARC98

Anyone familiar with EVA Foam Armor?

Post by ARC98 »

I'm not sure if EVA Foam is acceptable for the 501st Legion, however, I would like to make Republic Clone Commando Scorch armor from EVA Foam as it appears much easier to make for a beginner like myself. If anyone has experience and can share some tips it would be invaluable to me and greatly appreciated.
Blast That Rebel Scum
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Re: Anyone familiar with EVA Foam Armor?

Post by DeafTrooper »

Sorry, but foam armor is not allowed for membership. If you’re looking to do an RC, head to the forums at 501stclonetroopers.com to learn how. It’s not as hard as you think. It’s basically a giant model kit. My clone was my first build, too.
CT/ID-7859
ARC98

Post by ARC98 »

I'll check it out, thanks
Blast That Rebel Scum
GonkDriver
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 80790

Post by GonkDriver »

I had wondered the same thing when first getting into this. Short answer, you will find, is that EVA foam, cardboard and the like are not allowed as 501st Legion costumes. You certainly can make whatever you want out of whatever you want BUT you will not want to show up to a garrison/legion event wearing it. If you are cosplaying other events and cons sure. The dark side to EVA and paper like armor is that it appears not to hold up well over time. I have seen and have been told that the foam armor will show every dent and crack, and flex points as cracked paint and flakes. I think the people who do these EVA foam projects are doing short term projects and then they toss it in the closet or sell it off. While the stuff they make looks wonderful when it is NEW, what the garrisons and legion is trying to do is save you grief down the road with a project that is falling apart at the seams and cracked and crazed all over the place.
Mike Breza