New here! Scout armor

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Red Lee

New here! Scout armor

Post by Red Lee »

Hi everyone! So I’m really new. I’m looking to build scout as my first! So I’ve noticed that you could make your own armor! Would that include the helmet as well or is there a bend I should look into! Also the flight suit underneath? What kind is it? Idk, I’ll be at the Saginaw comic con! I’ll be meeting those of you there, but was hoping I could get something going on armor asap!

Thanks
Red
Red Lee

Re: New here! Scout armor

Post by Red Lee »

I meant brand! Not bend, lol
masteroftheforce
Garrison XO
Garrison XO
Legion ID: 8806

Re: New here! Scout armor

Post by masteroftheforce »

My go to armor maker is Studio Creations. It comes mostly pre-trimmed and looks really nice when put together correctly. I would say it works well for most body types.

Walt's Trooper Factory is another common kit here in the US. It is the same armor you see used on screen in the Mandalorian. It is best suited for average - taller/bigger troopers.

For the flight suit, most people use black coveralls with mods. If you are not comfortable with a sewing machine, there are vendors that you can find on the Pathfinders forum that can get you everything you need in terms of the soft parts.

My best advice, do not go to etsy and by the first kit you see. Odds are good it will not get you approved. Take some time to look at a few build threads and vendor comparisons on the Pathfinders site. Your wallet will thank you for it.