Handler question

General discussion forum open to all registered members.
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison
Legion ID: 48169

Handler question

Post by Skykat »

I was directed to come here from the great Lakes rebel legion since I'm in Michigan. I started working on an Aayla Secura and hit a snag with funds but I still want to be a part of the group as much as I can.

Anyways, it was suggested that I reach out and offer to be a handler at events and I was curious as to how I would go about doing that.

Thanks in advanced.
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7189

Re: Handler question

Post by Lumpy »

You just did it,

Once one of the admins sees your request, they will give you access to the event section. Then you can post on the thread for an event you want to NCS (non-costume support) at.
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

Skyka wrote:I was directed to come here from the great Lakes rebel legion since I'm in Michigan. I started working on an Aayla Secura and hit a snag with funds but I still want to be a part of the group as much as I can.

Anyways, it was suggested that I reach out and offer to be a handler at events and I was curious as to how I would go about doing that.

Thanks in advanced.
How about telling us something about yourself? Do you know any of the current members?
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Lumpy »

Yeah, that's a good idea, too. :wink:
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison

Post by Skykat »

I don't really know any current members except for talking to a couple people on Facebook when I started my Aayla costume, and I posted on the Rebel Legion forums back when I was working on my costume. I've gone to a few events as a participant in my custom sith.

Here's my Aayla. I need to work on her mudflaps.

I was told about the 501st when I did a star wars race last year in Midland, MI. I won best costume ^_^ (this was taken after I did the 5k, body paint was having issues ^_^

I was planning on going to the build event you had at the Henry Ford Museum, but I had a family even that day that I couldn't miss. I'd really like to get to know more folks and do more things.
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Ripcode »

Aayla Secura is a Rebel Legion costume. You would be joining them, not the 501st Legion with that costume choice.
GingerSnap

Post by GingerSnap »

I remember talking to you over the forums shortly before mccc in may. Welcome. :)
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Lumpy »

Ripcode wrote:Aayla Secura is a Rebel Legion costume. You would be joining them, not the 501st Legion with that costume choice.
You would still be using the forums here to find out about events and stuff, but yes, Aayla is a good character so that falls under the Rebel Legion.
Phantom Medic

Post by Phantom Medic »

But let us not forget guys that we can learn tips from the other legion. Yes Aayla Secura is a Jedi and there fore falls into the reble legion categories, but there is a prop that we can help with. The Lightsaber is a common element between both the 501st and the reble legions. And also we can share where to buy good materials or who to avoid.
When I'm through with that Jedi, he's gonna need a Medic
GingerSnap

Post by GingerSnap »

Phantom Medic wrote:But let us not forget guys that we can learn tips from the other legion. Yes Aayla Secura is a Jedi and there fore falls into the reble legion categories, but there is a prop that we can help with. The Lightsaber is a common element between both the 501st and the reble legions. And also we can share where to buy good materials or who to avoid.
I think Ripcode was just saying Aayla is a Rebel Legion costume. Also heads up custom sith would be eligible for membership with the dark empire if you wanted to submit it.
Jay-gon Jinn
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Post by Jay-gon Jinn »

We also need to remember that right now, this is the only forum we have for the GLB...our old one has been changed over to the Apollo Base forum for the new Ohio base.
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison

Post by Skykat »

Jay-gon Jinn wrote:We also need to remember that right now, this is the only forum we have for the GLB...our old one has been changed over to the Apollo Base forum for the new Ohio base.
Yeah I originally posted over there with the question, but was directed here because the rebel one is going to the Ohio base.

Once I get Aayla finished, and save up money afterwards. I will be working on Talon to apply to the 501st. However, I do want to get in on events and things like that.

*waves* Hi Lauren!! Yes I started on Aayla for MCCC and then life happened and had to take a break from the costume for a while. I'm excited to get started again and go to events.

Yes, I do want to do Dark Empire as well, but last I looked (admittedly a few months ago) They did not have a Spire around here in Michigan, and it was suggested that I try to get one going here, but I do not have the time right now to get that started. Maybe after I graduate in May.
GingerSnap

Post by GingerSnap »

We work with our Ohio spire; I'm a costume judge for them. Also I can't wait to see your Aayla finished. :)
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison

Post by Skykat »

I'm happy with the top part.

Her belt and mudflaps are giving me issues and I want to chuck them. Admittedly I already chucked the set that was in the picture I took at Nerdfest down in Florida.

I live up in Saginaw, and so anything down in Ohio seems like forever away.
GingerSnap

Post by GingerSnap »

That's OK I was just suggesting it since you have a custom sith. :)
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Ripcode »

Skyka your permissions have been updated and you should be able to see the events section.

If you wish to come to an event, please post in the appropriate event thread so the event coordinator will be expecting you.

Also you can not costume an event unless your costume has been pre-approved by either the 501st/RL depending on the costume.
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison

Post by Skykat »

Okies ^_^

BTW, this was from Star Wars night at Great Lakes Loons 2 years ago. Is this you? Image

Work is slow today, sorry for all the replies
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison

Post by Skykat »

Ripcode wrote:Skyka your permissions have been updated and you should be able to see the events section.

If you wish to come to an event, please post in the appropriate event thread so the event coordinator will be expecting you.

Also you can not costume an event unless your costume has been pre-approved by either the 501st/RL depending on the costume.

I completely understand that I can not costume until I get approval. Thank you so much for updating my permissions!
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Ripcode »

Skyka wrote:Work is slow today, sorry for all the replies
No that is Georgia Cooper another RL member. Lauren bought that costume from her.
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison

Post by Skykat »

Very cool ^_^

I can't wait to meet everyone.