New to costume

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Ebb
GLG Member
GLG Member

New to costume

Post by Ebb »

After some time debating and justifying the purchase, I finally decided and ordered my anovos storm trooper suit kit
1. do I have to wait till my suit is all finish to apply for admission to the great lakes garrison?
2. Are there parties where one can meet to get help trying to put the kit together, I know I have to do some cutting and adjusting but not very proficient with this aspect.

Thank you in advance.
stasz
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 60609

Re: New to costume

Post by stasz »

Welcome, Ebb!

Yes, you will need a completed costume to apply for membership in the 501st Legion. I am the Garrison Membership Liaison and will be happy to assist you through the process when you're ready.

I know there was some chatter about an armor party on the west side of the state soon, but I don't know the particulars. The thread is either in this forum or the Welcome Mat.

In the meantime, I highly recommend signing up on the forums at whitearmor.net. That's the definitive resource for building Stormtrooper kits, and there is a LOT of info and helpful folks who have built the same kit.

Feel free to contact me here or via email, trooper60609@gmail.com if you have any questions!
[image redacted by Resistance forces]
Zark
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 15255

Post by Zark »

Ebb wrote:After some time debating and justifying the purchase, I finally decided and ordered my anovos storm trooper suit kit
I would highly recommend checking out other places for armor, you will be waiting a long time for Anovos

Join up on whitearmor.net

they have a un-official list of vendors they recommend
Ebb
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Ebb »

Thank your the imput/ responses, I got very lucky and anovos just sent me the tracking number for my armor that has been shipped, it only took 2 days from me pacing order to them shipping it, according to ups ground I should expect my big brown box next August 5th
I also ordered from another vendor a 501st certified black imperial officer suit, the only issue is they dont sell the hat, I can get 1yard of extra fabric from them so I can find someone who makes the hats and have it match my suit, any help on finding someone that could make my hat would be greatly appreciated.
Btw I am in the south east area of Michigan livonia area
Ripcode
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 9296

Post by Ripcode »

Ebb wrote:I also ordered from another vendor a 501st certified black imperial officer suit
There is no such thing as "501st certified". Anyone telling you that is misleading you.

Good luck with your purchase.
Ebb
GLG Member
GLG Member

Post by Ebb »

Sorry for my choice of words, I ment to say in accordance with all 501st measurements and requirements
Zark
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 15255

Post by Zark »

Ebb wrote:Sorry for my choice of words, I ment to say in accordance with all 501st measurements and requirements
Still going have to tailor it to fit you. Nothing is approvable out of the box