BFG

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Wags
Garrison Armor Consultant
Legion ID: 7195

BFG

Post by Wags »

So as everyone know, those who I have trooped with, I love my BFG. So recentlly I decided to revamp it and cut off some parts and make it more accurate. Well I did just that. Ive been working on it, adding little bibs and bobs on it. Cut of the trigger/hand grip and added a new accurate one, added depth to the butt of the gun, and threw a coat of paint on it to better see where I needed to fill in some low spot.

So anyoooo, I proped it up on the paint stands to dry for the night, and when I went into the MC this afternoon, there it layed, on the ground, in 3 pieces.... :jawdrop: :cry: :cry: :sonofa:

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z9/t ... G_2819.jpg
Thumper
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 1148

Re: BFG

Post by Thumper »

That is terrible!!

I hope you can fix it!
Brooke Merva
TD 1148
Great Lakes Garrison
Blasty Trooper
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 5037

Post by Blasty Trooper »

So that wasn't on the paint stands for karate practice? Oops, my bad. :P It'll be easier to transport now. :rotflmao:

Seriously, that really stinks. May the Force bind it together better next time. :wink:
Jon "Blasty" Leopold, IS/TK-5037
"Wolverines Trooper"
AT-ST Driver
General Madine
Blue Squadron Pilot
Wags

Post by Wags »

Blasty Trooper wrote:So that wasn't on the paint stands for karate practice? Oops, my bad. :P It'll be easier to transport now. :rotflmao:

Seriously, that really stinks. May the Force bind it together better next time. :wink:
True, it will be easier to trasport..... not funny... lol. The force, I.E: my hands and epoxy, will be putting it back together tonight. I CAN REBUILT, BIGGER, BETTER AND STRONGER...... :rotflmao:
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1800

Post by Crimson »

Daft Punk is going to work on your gun? Awesome!

Working in a school district for the last 9+ years, all I can think of when I see "MC" is "media center." :roll: Took me a second to realize "ManCave"....

SPEAKING OF WHICH....

I spent all afternoon Sunday cleaning the crap out of our garage, which included all the miscellaneous garbage and jetsam that had found their way onto various horizontal surfaces, all the dirt and leaves on the floor, and gardening/lawn tools that were scattered all over the place. By the time I was done, it looked like a functional, serviceable "room." When Lori came home, she started thinking about all the things that could be done to the garage, like running Ethernet, co-ax, and phone, putting up drywall, etc.

I said "careful, that's got the makings of a ManCave...."

She said, "Problem?"

I paused.

I <3 my wife.

And thusly over the last week, I started examining the junction boxes and conduit that led out of my house toward the garage. I might very well eventually be the only person in the neighborhood to build an IDF out in his garage (Intermediate Distribution Frame -- a node on a local area network that fans out from the MDF, or the Main Distribution Frame). That fills me with joy.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Crimson wrote:Daft Punk is going to work on your gun? Awesome!
Who?!?!? :whatthe:

Crimson wrote:Working in a school district for the last 9+ years, all I can think of when I see "MC" is "media center." :roll: Took me a second to realize "ManCave"....

SPEAKING OF WHICH....

I spent all afternoon Sunday cleaning the crap out of our garage, which included all the miscellaneous garbage and jetsam that had found their way onto various horizontal surfaces, all the dirt and leaves on the floor, and gardening/lawn tools that were scattered all over the place. By the time I was done, it looked like a functional, serviceable "room." When Lori came home, she started thinking about all the things that could be done to the garage, like running Ethernet, co-ax, and phone, putting up drywall, etc.

I said "careful, that's got the makings of a ManCave...."

She said, "Problem?"

I paused.

I <3 my wife.
Its nice to have a wife that thinks like that isnt it??

Crimson wrote:And thusly over the last week, I started examining the junction boxes and conduit that led out of my house toward the garage. I might very well eventually be the only person in the neighborhood to build an IDF out in his garage (Intermediate Distribution Frame -- a node on a local area network that fans out from the MDF, or the Main Distribution Frame). That fills me with joy.
Ok,ummm I dont know what any of that means, :whatthe: but I can help with electrical and drywall if you want it :thumbs: Ive built a couple of houses and garages in my time.

Oh, and the BFG is whole again. Just need to let the glue set up, and its back to painting and sanding!!!!!
Jaster
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 3829

Post by Jaster »

Someone say electrical??

Let me know if you need a hand getting more power out to the garage. That things going to need heat, AC and some extra outlet for God knows what. :drunk: