lens help for royal guard

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
smiles_hope
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 4508

lens help for royal guard

Post by smiles_hope »

So my Royal Guard helmet is great except for the red visor. When people take close up flash pictures, the flash shows right through the helmet to my face. So, I ordered a second red visor to go in the bucket hoping that would work. It arrived today and no luck. So I was hoping someone here might have some extra dark smoked lens material available. My hope it one smoked visor behind the red would keep the flash from flashing through. It needs to be about 10 inches in length and 2 inches in width. I looked into welders stuff, but everywhere I find it it is not wide enough.
Steve Miles
smiles_hope
TR4508
SL4508
DS4508
Terrell78
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1787

Re: lens help for royal guard

Post by Terrell78 »

Most welders supply stores should carry a shade 3 or shade 5 replacement shield for $5-8 that is big enough. I know AirGas has them and there are several of them around MI.
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1800

Re: lens help for royal guard

Post by Crimson »

For what it's worth, I used just regular ol' clear helmet visor for a dirt bike from Meijer, and then applied limo tint to it (one aisle away in the automotive section of Meijer). It's not any particular color but from the outside, it's dark and prevents visibility of my face.