Credit card/website warning!!!!!

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Silverfox
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 4866

Credit card/website warning!!!!!

Post by Silverfox »

Just wanted to warn everyone about a problem I've encountered.

I recently purchased two pairs of biker gloves from ebikerleather.com. I got the gloves with no problem, however not long after that apparently somebody tried to make several purchases on my credit card online! Fortunately they were declined, with the exception of two ten cent charges that were removed after speaking with a representative.

I went to the website to send them an email to let them know & advise them to check their security, but the website was down. If you have made any purchases from this site, check your credit card immediately. My credit union was able to catch it & help me cancel my card before things got worse, but it still scared the hell out of me. No one should have to go through that! :mad:

Heads up delivered, you may resume your weekend revelry
Todd Letts
TB/TS 4866
Thunder Snow Assault Squad
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1800

Re: Credit card/website warning!!!!!

Post by Crimson »

Thanks for the heads-up, Todd. While somewhat unrelated, Chase sent me a fraud warning inquiry when my card number was apparently compromised and someone in Paris tried to make a testing-the-waters purchase for just under $4.00 yesterday.

I've never been to Europe, and I certainly wasn't there yesterday.