Stickers or magnets for chest armor?

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Dr Gold
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 6459

Stickers or magnets for chest armor?

Post by Dr Gold »

Hey all,

For some fun personal or work events, another TK and I were thinking of displaying some college graphics or web links on our armored chests. I've seen TKs informally with graphics on their armor, and was wondering what was the best way to go.

Sticker or magnet?

I'd would like something that is reusable, so I'm not sure a vinyl sticker is the way to go. I'd be interested in a magnet, but I'd want it to hold pretty well.

any suggestions?
ROCKING THE EMPIRE!
Terrell78
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1787

Re: Stickers or magnets for chest armor?

Post by Terrell78 »

Ask Hyper, he's the king of armor decals and can tell you the best way to go.
Blasty Trooper
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 5037

Post by Blasty Trooper »

For College graphics, you can use window clings. That's what I use for my Wolverines Trooper: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wolverin ... 3181215644
Jon "Blasty" Leopold, IS/TK-5037
"Wolverines Trooper"
AT-ST Driver
General Madine
Blue Squadron Pilot
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1800

Post by Crimson »

Static-cling-type material tend to be pretty reusable. Magnet-based signage (like the kind that go on car doors) may be too bulky to be practical.

Just for official disclosure, though, just be careful about where/when/how such images are displayed. We want to be careful about crossing borders between LFL-approved imagery, other copyrighted imagery, and the blending of the two (or more). Blasty has done a lot of "cross-promo"* while being careful about particular intellectual property lines, so he's a very good resource to consult. In short, our armor is ours to do with what we will, but given our 501st membership, just be discreet about how it's used in non-SW contexts.

Kinda' like performing/recording cover tunes without approval from that Harry Fox agency or whatever the hell that is; chances are that they're not coming after a local cover band, but the possibility exists, even if it's completely improbable. ;)

(* cross-promo in quotes to indicate that nothing official is implied; I still would like to do a TK Red Wing one day...but that requires me to reacquire a TK kit....but the point is that Blasty has done Wolverinestrooper and Lionstrooper in proper context without getting into trouble so he knows how to do this and more importantly, how to act and respond to questions while in the moment :))