New person

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Giggles

New person

Post by Giggles »

Hi, my name is Laura and I haven't joined the 501st yet. But I am looking forward to! I come from Missouri and I had talked to the 501st leader in St. Louis about my Juno Eclipse outfit. From what I had, he said I would be approved, I just needed to submit my photos. I am in the process of getting TK Legacy Era Female armor set. I was looking at different boots. I found 2 and was wondering if either of these would be approved. I will submit my photo for Juno here when I can. Thanks in advance, and really hoping I get approved for either outfit!! I look forward to it! :D
Attachments
IMG_8496.jpg
IMG_8496.jpg (273.29 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
IMG_8495.jpg
IMG_8495.jpg (605.81 KiB) Viewed 1998 times
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Re: New person

Post by Mr Fett »

Gio is one of the normal 501st footwear vendors, and the two boots you pictured are the same two that are shown in the CRL, so you're good to go with whichever one you like.

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Cos ... per_Female
Giggles

Post by Giggles »

I just wanted to make sure that this armor set would be approved. And thank you for the response! Like I said, i'm new and looking to join finally after so long of waiting. Thank you for all the help! Minus those boots in the photo, the rest of that set is what I was making sure it would be approved. I don't want to put out the money if it wouldn't be. Thank you in advance.
Attachments
TK Legacy Era Female.jpg
TK Legacy Era Female.jpg (1.4 MiB) Viewed 1967 times
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

That checklist sheet in that picture says Imperial Surplus. As far as I know, he's the only 501st vendor who even makes this armor. So yes, once the hard armor parts are trimmed / sanded / glued together and strapped to fit your own body, you should be good to go.

In the meantime, submit the Juno pics you talked about and come troop with us!
Giggles

Post by Giggles »

I will post those tonight. Though my real hair color atm is blue, I would have to purchase a wig or re dye my hair. But I will get those pics in :D I look forward to it!
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Post by DeafTrooper »

If you haven’t already, be sure to register for the forums at whitearmor.net. That’s *the* place to learn all about building a stormtrooper.
CT/ID-7859
Giggles

Post by Giggles »

Thank you! Here is what I have for Juno. I haven't been able to find only gloves. I have one code cylinder, but I found a place to get 2 matching ones. And for the pics my hair is blue, but if I was going trooping, I will dye it blonde. I do need someone to help me hem my pants, as these were made after I had my third child, I've lost lots of weight over the years.
Attachments
IMG_8509.jpg
IMG_8509.jpg (3.8 MiB) Viewed 1931 times
IMG_8508.jpg
IMG_8508.jpg (4.05 MiB) Viewed 1931 times
IMG_8507.jpg
IMG_8507.jpg (4.2 MiB) Viewed 1931 times
Giggles

Post by Giggles »

More pics.
Attachments
IMG_8511.jpg
IMG_8511.jpg (4.08 MiB) Viewed 1931 times
IMG_8510.jpg
IMG_8510.jpg (4.46 MiB) Viewed 1931 times
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison
Legion ID: 48169

Post by Skykat »

You don't need to dye your hair, a wig will work. You need to have the sides on the front as well.

Have you gone to the IOC detachment?

There's a great thread with lots of resources to build Juno.

https://www.imperialofficer.com/forum/i ... ent-189576

Juno's pants are also fitted, like super tight, but you did say the pants needed to be tailored.

Other than that! I love it! More girl officers!!! **YAAAAAYYYY!!
Giggles

Post by Giggles »

I am completely brand new to the 501st. I have no skills in sewing, unfortunately. This outfit is a good 6 or so years old, and I am much smaller than what I use to be. I know I need a wig, as my hair doesn't tend to grow past my shoulders anymore. I see what you mean about the sides, I would have to have someone help me with that. I live about an hour outside of Detroit. And thank you. I will have to try to recover/remake my IOC info. I made an account along time ago, back when I first got this costume. I look forward to finally being able to join. :D
Giggles

Post by Giggles »

I have updated pics of the things that needed to be changed :)
Attachments
IMG_9372.jpg
IMG_9372.jpg (2.52 MiB) Viewed 1564 times
IMG_9371.jpg
IMG_9371.jpg (2.5 MiB) Viewed 1564 times
IMG_9369.jpg
IMG_9369.jpg (2.36 MiB) Viewed 1564 times
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison

Post by Skykat »

Much better!!

I hope you're able to find gloves soon,

The pants look tight, but then seem baggy because of the boots. A lot of officers have stirrups on the bottom of their pants, so you don't get the "floof" on the top of the boots.

The only other thing I can see that might get mentioned when you submit is your hat. It has all the necessary parts just looks a little too big on your head, but I could be wrong.
Stellar Corona
Great Lakes Base CO
Great Lakes Base CO

Post by Stellar Corona »

Skykat wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:29 am Much better!!

I hope you're able to find gloves soon,

The pants look tight, but then seem baggy because of the boots. A lot of officers have stirrups on the bottom of their pants, so you don't get the "floof" on the top of the boots.

The only other thing I can see that might get mentioned when you submit is your hat. It has all the necessary parts just looks a little too big on your head, but I could be wrong.
Might be a little big, but since she'll need to fit a wig under that's probably a good thing!
Sabine Wren S2 - Dual Approved
Sabine Wren Epilogue - Dual Approved
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Torra Doza
Jedi Knight
Giggles

Post by Giggles »

Yeah the baggie is because of the boots, I didn't even think of that. I looked on Amazon for the gloves, and they won't fit me because I have such small hands. Looking for a blonde wig especially now that it's Halloween. Does it look good enough to submit? And thank you all so much, I love to dress up and cosplay! Can't wait to join and do things with the group as I just love the concept of you do. Not only that but Star Wars is such a passion in my life. Does the gun look ok as well? I got a holster that said Imperial officer that I'll have to post and see if it will work.
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison

Post by Skykat »

Oh! Good point Katie! I did not think of that!

Submit once you have the wig and the gloves. Did you go on the IOC forums and see the list of approved vendors. There are some on there that make Juno gloves.
Giggles

Post by Giggles »

I looked and everyone said Ebay, my hands are really small. My palm measures to 3". Which is much smaller then what I've been finding unfornately.

Whoops didn't realize you wrap the tape measure around the whole palm.