Hello from Lansing area!

Introduce yourself here.
Shokora

Hello from Lansing area!

Post by Shokora »

Just wanted to hop on here and introduce myself! I’m not new to Star Wars costuming, but I’ve never been a member of any of the costuming groups. I have two clone trooper kits in the planning stages right now, and as I have never made anything quite like them before I knew I would definitely need to call on the expertise of you all and anyone in the Clone Trooper Detachment.
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter
Legion ID: 7859

Re: Hello from Lansing area!

Post by DeafTrooper »

Welcome! I’m another clone, a bit south of Port Huron. Are you on the clone forums? Best place for info.
CT/ID-7859
Shokora

Post by Shokora »

Hello, and thank you for the welcome! Getting on the clone forums is on my to-do list for tomorrow! I am on the CTD Facebook page. :thumbs:
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

Yah, the forums are where all the info is. I learned everything there. Are you doing animated or realistic style?
CT/ID-7859
hamsandwich72
Garrison Webmaster
Garrison Webmaster
Legion ID: 17341

Post by hamsandwich72 »

Welcome aboard!
Rob Wall - BH-17341
Boba Fett - Empire Strikes Back
R2-D2
masteroftheforce
Garrison XO
Garrison XO
Legion ID: 8806

Post by masteroftheforce »

Welcome! We have plenty of clone knowledge in this group. Feel free to post a build thread when you get started and don't hesitate to ask questions!
Skykat
Garrison Event Liaison
Garrison Event Liaison
Legion ID: 48169

Post by Skykat »

In my opinion, we have one of the best clone builders in the world in our Garrison. He's also our Garrison Armorer. So definitely create that build thread!
Shokora

Post by Shokora »

Thank you all so much for the welcomes! Regarding my builds, I am still trying to decide between animated and realistic styles. The characters that I want to work on currently only exist in animated form (Captain Howzer and Crosshair from The Bad Batch), but I know that the animated form will not always translate well with my body shape (I’m 5’7”, female, and of average build…Crosshair is tall and has long legs, arms, and a long torso). I could definitely use advice on the pros/cons of animated vs realistic.

I’m tempted to work on a realistic version of Howzer first, since I think that might be…more straightforward?? maybe?? than Crosshair. But I wanted to hear the opinions of those who have more experience with trooper armor than I do. Should I start a build thread to discuss all this even though I haven’t narrowed it down to which build I’m starting first? I know this is just a welcome thread.
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

Hello from East Lansing. Females have made both styles of armor you are thinking about, so anything can be sized to what you need for yourself. You are right in that the Howzer would likely be the easier of the two kits to do as your first one, since vacuumformed kits of that phase 2 style are readily available. Crosshair is currently only available in Fiberglass or 3d printing the parts, then sanding sanding and more sanding.
Wags
Garrison Armor Consultant
Garrison Armor Consultant
Legion ID: 7195

Post by Wags »

Welcome!!!

I have built a few sets of clone armor in my time. Lol. And thanks Skycat!! Not sure Im the best, but I do try.

Definitely start a build thread. Best way to get feedback and help.

I have built armor for people from 5’3” (my wife) to my size which is 6’ 240lbs. You can do a lot. Just takes practice. Im here to help as much as I can. Feel free to ask me as many questions and I will do my best to point you in all the right directions.
DeafTrooper
GLG Mart Greeter
GLG Mart Greeter

Post by DeafTrooper »

Shokora wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:36 am The characters that I want to work on currently only exist in animated form (Captain Howzer and Crosshair from The Bad Batch), but I know that the animated form will not always translate well with my body shape (I’m 5’7”, female, and of average build…Crosshair is tall and has long legs, arms, and a long torso). I could definitely use advice on the pros/cons of animated vs realistic.
Don’t worry about that. Just build the costume yo fit your frame. That’s all that matters.
CT/ID-7859
Shokora

Post by Shokora »

Stupid question here…where do I start a build thread? I don’t want to put it in the wrong channel…
masteroftheforce
Garrison XO
Garrison XO
Legion ID: 8806

Post by masteroftheforce »

Costume Resources and Questions would be the best spot.
Shokora

Post by Shokora »

masteroftheforce wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 1:11 pm Costume Resources and Questions would be the best spot.
Thank you!!!
Mr Fett
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
TOD, Roster & Forum Cop
Legion ID: 0542

Post by Mr Fett »

Also if you wanted to see any armor in person, we'll be at Motor City Comic Con in Novi this Friday-Sunday if you planned on being there at all.