Imperial Officer Costume - Thumbs up or down??

Ask about costumes and props here. Please read the FAQs first before asking questions -- your question may have already been answered!
Lumpy
GLG Member
GLG Member
Legion ID: 7189

Imperial Officer Costume - Thumbs up or down??

Post by Lumpy »

Found this on ebay.
Seller CLAIMS that the costume is 501st approved - but an ebay seller's claim and 50 cents will get you a cup of coffee (no offense to those ebay sellers out there :wink: )
Take a look at it and see if you agree or if this guy is full of bantha poodoo!!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :middle:us

Cblack
Mieal_Deneb
Great Lakes Base Member
Great Lakes Base Member

Re: Imperial Officer Costume - Thumbs up or down??

Post by Mieal_Deneb »

I've just started researching the Imperial Officer uniforms (so I can sew them on commission when asked) but I don't know too much about the requirements yet. So, I'll offer my seamstress viewpoint...The shoulders seem a bit "poofy", but it could just be the way he's wearing it. The pants really should be lined, I can see either the pocket inserts or his boxers through the pant legs. I'm assuming the jacket isn't lined either which, being white, it really should be. Still, you get the code cylinders, the belt, boots, and everything for $400 or less. I'd check the 501st requirements again and make sure -but this might be a good start. But, then again, I'm just a Rebel who happens to sew 501st on occasion so don't hold what I say as 100% accurate. :wink:
~Rachel
Crimson
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 1800

Post by Crimson »

For the price, I'd look elsewhere. The Grand Admiral white is a cool uniform, but it needs the gold shoulder epaulets to be complete, so I highly doubt this uniform was "501st approved" (speaking as the former Detachment Leader of the Imperial Officer Corps). Plus, as noticed by Rachel, the material is awfully thin.

The pattern, though, is very good. The front flap and collar are usually the first noticeable parts that make or break a good Imperial Officer uniform, as well as the flared jodhpurs, and this one at least has that.

But because the seller claims that the code cylinders are "accurate" (they're not; accurate would be old WWII dosimeters, not painted chalk holders), I question the entire listing's claims of "accurate" so I'd avoid this one.
TD866
GLG Member (Reserve)
GLG Member (Reserve)
Legion ID: 0866

Post by TD866 »

The belt is not even imported leather from Italy. All I can say is what was this designer thinking, OMG.) :thumbs: